New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    [SIZE=4]anyone can help me?
    what is engine top overhaul about?
    what can we expect from the engine after top overhaul?...
    [/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    A few questions:

What's your car and engine??
    What happened to your car??
    Who gave the diagnosis of your car's engine needing a top overhaul??
    Did you seek second/third opinions???

A top overhaul is like major surgery you know...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Top overhaul consists of changing piston rings, refacing or replacing valves, valve guides, replacing cylinder head gasket.

Piston rings will not have to be replaced if the oil consumption or compression problem is diagnosed from cylinder head parts such as valves or valve springs.

There is something called a general overhaul where in every part of the engine is taken out, inspected and or replaced.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by docgorio View Post
    A few questions:

What's your car and engine??
    What happened to your car??
    Who gave the diagnosis of your car's engine needing a top overhaul??
    Did you seek second/third opinions???

A top overhaul is like major surgery you know...

the story is this sir... my wife want to repaint our advie model 2000 pero bigla kasi niya pa check lahat ng puwede ayosin sa casa sir, late kna alam na top overhaul gawin...
    it has 150K sa odo...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by reym View Post
    Top overhaul consists of changing piston rings, refacing or replacing valves, valve guides, replacing cylinder head gasket.

Piston rings will not have to be replaced if the oil consumption or compression problem is diagnosed from cylinder head parts such as valves or valve springs.

There is something called a general overhaul where in every part of the engine is taken out, inspected and or replaced.

top overhaul sabi sir... ano maging result after na matop over haul yung tsikot ko sir? my pagbabago ba sa perfomance and FC?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by nvidi.turion View Post
    top overhaul sabi sir... ano maging result after na matop over haul yung tsikot ko sir? my pagbabago ba sa perfomance and FC?
    - since sa casa mo ipapagawa, IMO halos parang back to OEM specs yan in terms of performance and FC. Definitely a big improvement from the current state ng tsikot mo since kelangan nga ng top overhaul.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    top overhaul means what reym just posted. you'll be having a close to brand new engine condition. consequently, improved performance, FC, etc.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    A 2000 Adventure with 150K on the clock was sent to the casa for repainting and was told that it needs a top overhaul...

To be honest with you I smell a rat... If you have the money to burn though I agree with the above posters that it will really bring back the engine to its original specs and tolerances...

My depreciated 2 centavos: seek a second opinion....

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Pa-compression test niyo po muna.

Pag pasado compression, hindi po niyan kailangan ng top overhaul.

Mura lang naman yung test, wala pang P400 for four cylinders.

At wag po kayo magtiwala sa lahat ng sinasabi ng casa ...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by docgorio View Post
    A 2000 Adventure with 150K on the clock was sent to the casa for repainting and was told that it needs a top overhaul...

To be honest with you I smell a rat... If you have the money to burn though I agree with the above posters that it will really bring back the engine to its original specs and tolerances...

My depreciated 2 centavos: seek a second opinion....
    since wala ako doon sir, hndi ko alam that my wife will brought it to casa... siguro magaling yung service supervisor don sir kasi napaniwala niya si mrs...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Top Overhaul...