New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by duncan_sheek View Post
    whenever in doubt... replace.

I'm the second owner of my vehicle. The previous owner forgot when was the last timing belt replacement. To avoid bigger damage, I replaced it. It also gave me peace of mind.
    +1, tama yang ginawa mo sir for safety and peace of mind. I did the same with my Strada before.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    visual inspection lang talaga.. since honda naman yung ride mo, you can check it by removing the valve cover....

the only problem is pag due na talaga for replacement, baka hindi mo makaya palitan, medyo matrabaho at need special tools para matanggal mo yung bolt at pulley.

BTW master jick (regards bro) is correct, yu cannot rely sa mileage lang due to diff reasons...

1. yung sinabi nya, of course
    2. if 2nd hand yung car at magaling sa pandadaraya yung nabilan mo, inadjust yung odometer hehehe para palabasin sariwa engine
    3. may foreign particles sa TB housing specially pag nagkatagas yung oil seal at may dumikit na dumi sa belt
    4. kung may history ng madalas engine overheat, it also cause the TB lessen its lifespan

HTH

cheers

phezthie

3. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by miked View Post
    Wala sintomas neto except visual inspection ng belt at odo readings.

Most deadly symptom of a badly needed t-belt replacement? engine stopped running. Ayun, putol na pala. Pati piston at valve nadale. Overhaul tuloy..back read ka ng threads pa dito marami na nagdiscuss neto.

I assume hindi ikaw ang first owner ng pipip mo kaya if in doubt replace agad. wag mo na antayin pa maputol.

Plus 1 and more !

4. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Just to give you an update guys, I had already canvassed for the following parts :

timing belt
    tensioner
    waterpump
    camshaft seal
    crankshaft seal

These are the parts that are usually replaced whenever you want to have your timing belt replaced? I'm not quite sure though.. hope you guys can enlighten me on this.

And also, I know that the timing belt and the tensioner should be OEM, but how about the others? Can I use replacement parts?

And for the replacement parts, are these surplus or secondhand ones?

TIA for all the help fellow tsikoteers!

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by r1chm0nd View Post
    Just to give you an update guys, I had already canvassed for the following parts :

timing belt
    tensioner
    waterpump
    camshaft seal
    crankshaft seal

These are the parts that are usually replaced whenever you want to have your timing belt replaced? I'm not quite sure though.. hope you guys can enlighten me on this.

And also, I know that the timing belt and the tensioner should be OEM, but how about the others? Can I use replacement parts?

And for the replacement parts, are these surplus or secondhand ones?

TIA for all the help fellow tsikoteers!

They are not that expensive naman IMO so might as well buy OEM. Yung waterpump lang pupuwede na GMb IMO. It is reliable as per my experience.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    They are not that expensive naman IMO so might as well buy OEM. Yung waterpump lang pupuwede na GMb IMO. It is reliable as per my experience.
    Sir what do you mean by GMb? Do you have any contacts of Auto Supply Shops that sells OEM parts for 95 Civic? Thanks!

7. Join Date
    May 2004
    Sir what do you mean by GMb? Do you have any contacts of Auto Supply Shops that sells OEM parts for 95 Civic? Thanks!
    GMB brand ng water pump yan.. Shop naman try HRC banawe...

Timing Belt must be - Original (Pwede din sa CASA bilhin para sure, konte difference from Autosupply)
    Water Pump is - GMB (sobrang mahal yung orig, but if you can afford then go)
    Crank and Cam Shaft oil seal - Original din mura lang naman yung orig
    Bearing - NGK or KOYO is ok.. pero mostly KOYO.

Pag tapos deretso kayo honda SPA pa change oil niyo na rin yung P875(Orig Filter pa).. then sabihin mo 3 litter lang ilagay na oil then uwi ninyo yung 1 litter para kinabukasan check niyo oil level pag kulang dagdagan ninyo...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 1997 View Post
    GMB brand ng water pump yan.. Shop naman try HRC banawe...

Timing Belt must be - Original (Pwede din sa CASA bilhin para sure, konte difference from Autosupply)
    Water Pump is - GMB (sobrang mahal yung orig, but if you can afford then go)
    Crank and Cam Shaft oil seal - Original din mura lang naman yung orig
    Bearing - NGK or KOYO is ok.. pero mostly KOYO.

Pag tapos deretso kayo honda SPA pa change oil niyo na rin yung P875(Orig Filter pa).. then sabihin mo 3 litter lang ilagay na oil then uwi ninyo yung 1 litter para kinabukasan check niyo oil level pag kulang dagdagan ninyo...
    Sir where can you buy NGK or KOYO tensioner bearings? All the shops that I have canvassed only have replacement tensioner bearings..

How about the labor of speedyfix? I think they're quite famous here in tsikot. Any feedbacks? Medyo malayo kasi sa amin yung Honda SPA.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Sa Speedyfix mo na pagawa lahat. Yakang-yaka ng mga bata ni Sir Migs yan.

10. Join Date
    May 2004
    Sir where can you buy NGK or KOYO tensioner bearings? All the shops that I have canvassed only have replacement tensioner bearings..

How about the labor of speedyfix? I think they're quite famous here in tsikot. Any feedbacks? Medyo malayo kasi sa amin yung Honda SPA.
    KOYO and NGK are replacement.. Pag sinabing Replacement lang tanong mo anong Brand...

Speedyfix po ok din naman.. more or less 2K ang labor for that

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Timing Belt Change?