New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    with all the opinions i'm reading about our current local diesel not being fit for CRDi technology.. sana we can do some sort of survey here:

1. what type / year / make model of vehicle with CRD engine? (isuzu trooper? dmax? hilux?)
    2. how old are your vehicles
    3. have you experienced troubles with your engine and if so ano ang nature ng sira? anything engine related although maaaring remotely connected with the quality of diesel we have... malay natin di ba, pinagtatakpan lang ng mga service centers yung fact na diesel talaga natin ang problem...

i just want to prove or disprove na yung diesel natin ay fit / unfit for CRD engines..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i think the 1st local crdi to be made available was the trooper 4jx1, dami ko na kilala including mine ha, nasira yung crdi namin.

now ive talked to the wheels personnel and sabi nila, yung rexton n sorrento na crdi will suffer the same fate kasi nga bulok ang diesel natin. cguro in a year or 2, they'll start stacking up on the injectors which is usually the culprit in crdi engines dto sa pinas.

i think sa x5 ganun din.
    Last edited by KCboy; May 20th, 2005 at 06:42 PM.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    excuse me for my ignorance..but can you refresh me and maybe the others what crdi stands for and it's purpose on a diesel engine.

CRDi -> Common Rail Direct injection

correct me if am wrong

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    yup, that's what it stands for.

it's basically a way to deliver diesel through high-pressure injectors on a common rail/line

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    With today's diesel prices, the fuel giants should, at least, add some quality to our diesel fuel! Do they think every diesel vehicle in the RP is a jeepney? Are they that stooopid?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by vicoyski
    With today's diesel prices, the fuel giants should, at least, add some quality to our diesel fuel! Do they think every diesel vehicle in the RP is a jeepney? Are they that stooopid?
    Maybe not, but the government does think that way. I.e.:
    Jeepney drivers/operators = voters
    CRDi owners = voters
    Jeepney drivers/operators > CRDi owners.

Quote Originally Posted by diesoline
    imo, most of the problems faced by diesel users here have mostly to do with water contamination. i don't think that sulfur content is the main culprit of the perceived dirty diesel. it think the problem lies in the combination of water and fuel that is combusted together.

imagine 50 cc of water that infiltrated the fuel tank. the 50cc of water may have come from many avenues. the condensation inside the fuel tank that naturally happens everytime we park our cars for the night; the humid atmospheric air that enters the fuel tank everytime we open the fuel cap; water pumped along with the fuel from the service station. imagine that 50cc of water sloshing about in 40 liters of diesel inside the fuel tank when the vehicle is in motion. that translates into a lot of dissolved water in the diesel.

just think of it this way: kunwari you have a wok of very hot oil. if you sprinkle a little water on it di ba umuusok at tumitilamsik? that happens because the small drop of water vaporizes instantly because of the heat. the small drop water expands suddenly and converts into a huge amount of steam. imagine that reaction concentrated in the nozzle tips of the injection system and repeated many times over. eventually, the tolerances go way off, fuel is not combusted properly, smoke belching occurs and problems become imminent.
    FYI, a combination of water and fuel combusting isn't possible because water (vapor) is a byproduct of combustion. The water simply won't burn because it can't. If the amount of water isn't large enough to displace enough fuel and/or air, the combustion will still take place, but it'll be a smaller fire.

What water does affect is the properties of the fuel itself (lubricity, boiling point, freezing point, corrosiveness et. al.). The fuel was designed to have specific properties that will work best in a diesel fuel system/engine, and water contamination changes those properties. If there's enough water to change the fuel enough, your fuel will become "out of spec" and will start damaging your fuel system. In countries where they have winter, fuel in the summer is different from fuel in the winter.

P.S. the same also applies to your engine's cooling system. Theoretically, water is still the best coolant if you're only talking about cooling. But if you don't want your coolant to rust out your radiator, or freeze in the winter, et al. you add coolant/antifreeze to change the water's properties.

Quote Originally Posted by parakitoJDM
    Yes its true may refinery dto ang Petron & Shell sa Pinas (the latter is in Batangas). and i'm pretty sure they are operating that will rival international standards. so the shady part is how are those fuel transferred to distributors and how clean are the tanks of those retailers.
    Ditto.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    tanong lang uli...

ano diff nung CRDi sa mga injection system ng for example sa Frontier?

9. Join Date
    May 2005

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    crdi does not have an injection pump. direct na. kaya dapat less black smoke but we have shitty diesels so black talaga.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Phil. Diesel -> not CRDi ready?