New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    with all the opinions i'm reading about our current local diesel not being fit for CRDi technology.. sana we can do some sort of survey here:

1. what type / year / make model of vehicle with CRD engine? (isuzu trooper? dmax? hilux?)
    2. how old are your vehicles
    3. have you experienced troubles with your engine and if so ano ang nature ng sira? anything engine related although maaaring remotely connected with the quality of diesel we have... malay natin di ba, pinagtatakpan lang ng mga service centers yung fact na diesel talaga natin ang problem...

i just want to prove or disprove na yung diesel natin ay fit / unfit for CRD engines..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i think the 1st local crdi to be made available was the trooper 4jx1, dami ko na kilala including mine ha, nasira yung crdi namin.

now ive talked to the wheels personnel and sabi nila, yung rexton n sorrento na crdi will suffer the same fate kasi nga bulok ang diesel natin. cguro in a year or 2, they'll start stacking up on the injectors which is usually the culprit in crdi engines dto sa pinas.

i think sa x5 ganun din.
    Last edited by KCboy; May 20th, 2005 at 06:42 PM.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    excuse me for my ignorance..but can you refresh me and maybe the others what crdi stands for and it's purpose on a diesel engine.

CRDi -> Common Rail Direct injection

correct me if am wrong

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    yup, that's what it stands for.

it's basically a way to deliver diesel through high-pressure injectors on a common rail/line

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    With today's diesel prices, the fuel giants should, at least, add some quality to our diesel fuel! Do they think every diesel vehicle in the RP is a jeepney? Are they that stooopid?

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    tanong lang uli...

ano diff nung CRDi sa mga injection system ng for example sa Frontier?

8. Join Date
    May 2005

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    crdi does not have an injection pump. direct na. kaya dapat less black smoke but we have shitty diesels so black talaga.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    kcboy: pls share naman in detail what was the 4jx1's problem in your trooper and the others na nasiraan din. or if you have posted it na before, paki share na lang yung thread. tnx.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Phil. Diesel -> not CRDi ready?