New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    Hindi ata advisable sa turbos subbies namin ang mineral..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Yes bro. Only fully synthetic 5w30 API SN Resource Conserving, ILSAC GF-5 oil is required for the newer Subaru turbo engines. 5W40 can be used as an alternative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    as long as it meets your engine requires. no engine spec ever required PAO.
    I’m trying out Petron Rev X HTP on my Kia Carnival hoping for better protection for the turbo during long provincial drives. That plus I prefer to buy motor oil from LazMall accredited vendors in Lazada to ensure the product I buy is genuine...dami fake sa Lazada.

On a side note, how come Shell diesel oils are only rated CF, even their TOTL Ultra 5w40? They are ACEA A3/B3 A3/B4 compliant but only API CF rated.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by diehard View Post
    I’m trying out Petron Rev X HTP on my Kia Carnival hoping for better protection for the turbo during long provincial drives. That plus I prefer to buy motor oil from LazMall accredited vendors in Lazada to ensure the product I buy is genuine...dami fake sa Lazada.

On a side note, how come Shell diesel oils are only rated CF, even their TOTL Ultra 5w40? They are ACEA A3/B3 A3/B4 compliant but only API CF rated.
    there are two kinds of oils.. diesel engine oils and gas specific oils..

4. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    I dont really mind paying a little extra for peace of mind and to give the (relatively) best kind (full synthetic), plus whatever extra additives/protection they give. Plus its what my car has been loaded with since day 1 so im ok with just sticking to it - and with some full synthetics going as low as 380/L (motorcraft) or 425/L (amsoil OE) i dont think its too much of a stretch, though at 600/L (mobil 1) thats when i start wondering it itll be worth it (in comparison, CASA loads it up with Shell Helix Ultra Professional 5w-40 at about 850? per liter so...)

So far mobil 1 is the one that has explicitly stated on its bottle the requirements that my manual specifies ( SAE 5w-30, ACEA a5/b5), amsoil oe has it listed as "use for applications that require" a5/b5 on the website but not the bottle, motorcraft has none of those specified but it is a ford motor oil (so im ASSUMING it meets the ford wss-m2c913-c spec).

Driving habits are really just low KM stops (3-5km) in city traffic, maitenance was CASA standard tho now i wanna do 1 change oil outside then 1 casa a year. Only use XCS tho i might be shifting over to caltex.

Apologies if i seem to be confused, im a total newbie when it comes to this.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by sabaw View Post
    I dont really mind paying a little extra for peace of mind and to give the (relatively) best kind (full synthetic), plus whatever extra additives/protection they give. Plus its what my car has been loaded with since day 1 so im ok with just sticking to it - and with some full synthetics going as low as 380/L (motorcraft) or 425/L (amsoil OE) i dont think its too much of a stretch, though at 600/L (mobil 1) thats when i start wondering it itll be worth it (in comparison, CASA loads it up with Shell Helix Ultra Professional 5w-40 at about 850? per liter so...)

So far mobil 1 is the one that has explicitly stated on its bottle the requirements that my manual specifies ( SAE 5w-30, ACEA a5/b5), amsoil oe has it listed as "use for applications that require" a5/b5 on the website but not the bottle, motorcraft has none of those specified but it is a ford motor oil (so im ASSUMING it meets the ford wss-m2c913-c spec).

Driving habits are really just low KM stops (3-5km) in city traffic, maitenance was CASA standard tho now i wanna do 1 change oil outside then 1 casa a year. Only use XCS tho i might be shifting over to caltex.

Apologies if i seem to be confused, im a total newbie when it comes to this.
    its already out of warranty. since you dont mind spending., i would suggest amsoils signature series 5w30.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    there are two kinds of oils.. diesel engine oils and gas specific oils..
    Shell has Helix Ultra for gasoline engines (0w40, 5w30, 5w40) and Shell Helix Ultra Diesel 5w40. Shell Helix Ultra Diesel is rated API CF, ACEA A3/B3, ACEA A3/B4. Most modern diesel engines require at least API Ci-4 which in turn has already been superseded by CJ-4 and CK-4. Which is why I wonder why ShellÂ’s TOTL diesel oil has such a low API rating that is actually obsolete and not recommended for diesel engines built from 2009 onwards.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Shell has Helix Ultra for gasoline engines (0w40, 5w30, 5w40) and Shell Helix Ultra Diesel 5w40. Shell Helix Ultra Diesel is rated API CF, ACEA A3/B3, ACEA A3/B4. Most modern diesel engines require at least API Ci-4 which in turn has already been superseded by CJ-4 and CK-4. Which is why I wonder why ShellÂ’s TOTL diesel oil has such a low API rating that is actually obsolete and not recommended for diesel engines built from 2009 onwards.
    Just to add, most Jap brands use API when specifying motor oil.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    Hindi ata advisable sa turbos subbies namin ang mineral..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    yup not advisable to use mineral sa boxer engines as written in the OM.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    its already out of warranty. since you dont mind spending., i would suggest amsoils signature series 5w30.
    Hi! thanks for the input!
    Is it alot better than the amsoil OE 5w-30? I mean i dont mind spending but if im going to be changing my oil 2x a year and drive less than 4000 km a year , will i get the benefits of the highly regarded SS series? (Saw in shopee OE is at 425/L, SS is at 675/L, so that puts it even higher than the M1 5w-30 at 600/L)

Thoughts? Thanks!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    shell rotella is their diesel stuff...

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast