New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Hi! Super newbie here so wanted to ask, I have a 2013 ford focus 2.0 and I wanted to do an oil change outside of casa. Gusto ko sana is an oil change outside once a year and casa pms once a year.

Anyway, I checked the manual and it says 5w30 ang oil spec. I noticed tho that my casa has been putting in 5w40 shell fully synthetic for the last couple of years.did a bit of research and I guess it "should" be ok, given that it might be better for our outside Temps. So anyway, checked out a service station near us, super miler, and they offer oil change using caltex havoline pro ds fully synthetic oil, 5w30.

My question is, ok lang ba change oil to havoline fs 5w30, then casa in 6 months where I'll assume they'll put shell fs 5w40, then 5w30 again after 6 months?

Also, is it better to stick to oem oil filter (about douvle the price of they procure) or is it ok to use the brand they're using (bosch, I'm assuming the non premium version).

Thank you for the help!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Just have the oil change done outside casa and use 5w30 fully synthetic oil. You can buy online to save a bit further.

If you live in the south metro area, bring your car to FordMaz in Parañaque or Las Pinas. They have the oils and filters you need. If in the north, go to Powertorq.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Just have the oil change done outside casa and use 5w30 fully synthetic oil. You can buy online to save a bit further.

If you live in the south metro area, bring your car to FordMaz in Parañaque or Las Pinas. They have the oils and filters you need. If in the north, go to Powertorq.

Hi thanks for the reply.

Is it alright though if the oil changes from w30 to w40 and then back every 6 or so months?

Edit:I just read through the havoline spec sheet at it says its not recommended for acea spec oil engines, which what the focus engine specifies on the manual. I suppose that means I have to get the shell helix 5w40 anyway.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by sabaw View Post
    Hi thanks for the reply.

Is it alright though if the oil changes from w30 to w40 and then back every 6 or so months?
    either viscosity is ok. w30 will result to better fuel economy. every6months padin though.

use the correct diesel engine oil. do not use gasoline engine oils as they dont have the right diesel additives.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    either viscosity is ok. w30 will result to better fuel economy. every6months padin though.

use the correct diesel engine oil. do not use gasoline engine oils as they dont have the right diesel additives.
    He didn’t say if it’s a diesel. The Focus 2013 models came in 2.0L and 1.6L NA gas engines with DCT.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Sorry hi yeah its the gasoline one.

Looking through the specs required by the manual, only 2 oils so far ive seen have what it needs (ACEA a5/b5)

Mobil 1 5w-30 (saw some sellers online)
    Amsoil OE 5w-30 (online sellers as well)

So im deciding between these two

Ive also seen/know these oils are good

Royal Purple 5w-30 (a well known talyer in san juan sells this as part of the package)
    Shell Helix HX8 5w-30 (asked in a shell service station and this was recommended, they had the helix ultra 0w-40 but i dunno if thats good as its even farther from the manual spec)
    Motorcraft 5w-30 (seems to be a fan favorite on both local focus FB groups and online oil forums)

Of all of these the motorcraft 5w30 is the cheapest at 380 a liter in banawe, and ive seen good comments about it though it does not specifically state ACEA A5/B5 (though it is "ford recommended" and essentialy a ford brand)

Helix and royal purple are both good brands im sure but not ACEA A5/B5 (well not specified for RP and i think the helix is A3/B3)

So weve got M1 and Amsoil OE. Amsoil being cheap at around 400-450/L online, and M1 having an "ok" price for a "premium" brand at 600/L. My biggest contetion of course is that im buying em online, so while i do belive there shouldnt be any problems, theres just that little scratch at the back of your head, though the M1 seller does have the verification QR codes on the bottles which you can scan to see if the bottle is authentic.

Thoughts?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012

Looking through the specs required by the manual, only 2 oils so far ive seen have what it needs (ACEA a5/b5)

Royal Purple 5w-30 (a well known talyer in san juan sells this as part of the package)
    Shell Helix HX8 5w-30 (asked in a shell service station and this was recommended, they had the helix ultra 0w-40 but i dunno if thats good as its even farther from the manual spec)
    Motorcraft 5w-30 (seems to be a fan favorite on both local focus FB groups and online oil forums)

Of all of these the motorcraft 5w30 is the cheapest at 380 a liter in banawe, and ive seen good comments about it though it does not specifically state ACEA A5/B5 (though it is "ford recommended" and essentialy a ford brand)

Helix and royal purple are both good brands im sure but not ACEA A5/B5 (well not specified for RP and i think the helix is A3/B3)

So weve got M1 and Amsoil OE. Amsoil being cheap at around 400-450/L online, and M1 having an "ok" price for a "premium" brand at 600/L. My biggest contetion of course is that im buying em online, so while i do belive there shouldnt be any problems, theres just that little scratch at the back of your head, though the M1 seller does have the verification QR codes on the bottles which you can scan to see if the bottle is authentic.

Thoughts?
    its gas pala. cheapest option na 5w30 and change every 6months. for an old car. change oil intervals do shorten as theres more wear already.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2015

Thoughts?
    Used the RP and M1, waste of money on my part, in 6months i normally drive just 2k kms, when the time comes to change the oil...its still clean.., i just use 5L of zic 10w 40, less than 2k including filter..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Same here, my car gets less than 5k a year (6 yes old with less than 30k Odo) . I don't mind paying for premium tho if it really protects my engine which is why I was still l considering m1. Tho the Motorcraft is very tempting at 350/l.

*mrbig what filter do you use? Motorcraft?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Same here, my car gets less than 5k a year (6 yes old with less than 30k Odo) . I don't mind paying for premium tho if it really protects my engine which is why I was still l considering m1. Tho the Motorcraft is very tempting at 350/l.

*mrbig what filter do you use? Motorcraft?
    which oil doesnt really protect?

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast