New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by sabaw View Post
    Same here, my car gets less than 5k a year (6 yes old with less than 30k Odo) . I don't mind paying for premium tho if it really protects my engine which is why I was still l considering m1. Tho the Motorcraft is very tempting at 350/l.

*mrbig what filter do you use? Motorcraft?
    Wix or subaru.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    I mean things like addatives in general

3. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    So weve got M1 and Amsoil OE. Amsoil being cheap at around 400-450/L online, and M1 having an "ok" price for a "premium" brand at 600/L. My biggest contetion of course is that im buying em online, so while i do belive there shouldnt be any problems, theres just that little scratch at the back of your head, though the M1 seller does have the verification QR codes on the bottles which you can scan to see if the bottle is authentic.

Thoughts?
    You can try searching online for the local distributor and ask them if they sell online. You can also look around local FB groups about the oil and try asking them if they can refer to you an online seller.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Basically, as long as it meets the OEM requirements, then it is fine. As long as you buy them from reputable sellers.

There are other factors to consider aside from the brand of oil:

- Driving habits
    - Maintenance of the vehicle
    - Fuel quality
    - Road/weather/traffic conditions

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    if you drive less than 5K km a year, i believe ordinary mineral oil will be fine.
    no need for special oils.
    my opinion.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    May pic ba nung bottle ng Motorcraft 5w30 fully synthetic oil? I have used Motorcraft before on my Fiesta and FXT. Oks naman sya.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Is the Petron HTP (High Temp Protection) Fully Synthetic range any good? They have Rev X HTP 5w40 diesel oil (~P450/L) and Blaze Racing HTP 0w40 gasoline engine oil (~P602/L). Their oils are supposedly made from PAO (polyalphaolefin) Grp IV base oil, same as Mobil 1.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by diehard View Post
    Is the Petron HTP (High Temp Protection) Fully Synthetic range any good? They have Rev X HTP 5w40 diesel oil (~P450/L) and Blaze Racing HTP 0w40 gasoline engine oil (~P602/L). Their oils are supposedly made from PAO (polyalphaolefin) Grp IV base oil, same as Mobil 1.
    as long as it meets your engine requires. no engine spec ever required PAO.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    if you drive less than 5K km a year, i believe ordinary mineral oil will be fine.
    no need for special oils.
    my opinion.
    I am with doc here. Kung hindi naman masyadong nagagamit, mineral 5w30 na lang then change oil every 3k kms. or 6 months.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead000 View Post
    I am with doc here. Kung hindi naman masyadong nagagamit, mineral 5w30 na lang then change oil every 3k kms. or 6 months.
    Hindi ata advisable sa turbos subbies namin ang mineral..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast