New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    mga bosing, ano ba maganda gawin sa meron tagas na oil drain plug. tipong loose thread e. thx.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    What thread is loosed, is it on the plug or on the tank?

Just replace the plug if it is the one then replace the gasket.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by manilet View Post
    mga bosing, ano ba maganda gawin sa meron tagas na oil drain plug. tipong loose thread e. thx.

there are available replacement oversized drain plugs aftermarket. the other option is to take it to a machine shop and rethread to the next npt (national pipe thread) size and use an oversized drain plug matching the new drain plug hole. next time, do not overtorque the drain plug, snug it with a six inch box wrench

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    maraming salamat po sa inyong 2. i think the loose thread is on the tank.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by manilet View Post
    maraming salamat po sa inyong 2. i think the loose thread is on the tank.
    We call it oil pan.
    Madalas nagyayari yan kasi over tighten ng lube boys.
    Tama si Jick you can machine, you can also buy a new or a good surplus.
    Stand by mo na before your next oil change.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Thx everyone.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Hello! I had my oil change sa Shell Station lang (first time outside of CASA) and they said that its ok to reuse the drain plug and gasket during the oil change. This is when I ask them diba you should replace the gasket before you screw it back? I'm worried since reading posts here that you should change the gasket every oil change. Will it really result to loose thread down the road or succeeding oil changes?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ferddie View Post
    Hello! I had my oil change sa Shell Station lang (first time outside of CASA) and they said that its ok to reuse the drain plug and gasket during the oil change. This is when I ask them diba you should replace the gasket before you screw it back? I'm worried since reading posts here that you should change the gasket every oil change. Will it really result to loose thread down the road or succeeding oil changes?
    For peace of mind, just replace the gasket on your next change oil. For the mean time, check for leaks. it will cause loose thread if it was overtightened and backyard mechanics are notorious for doing that, they don't know the tool called torque wrench and even if they know, the torque settings is not usually written on the manuel.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ferddie View Post
    It should be single-use only. You might get away with reusing it a couple of times but they're so cheap that there's really no excuse not to replace them every time. A 10-pack from Lazada is just around P200.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    For peace of mind, just replace the gasket on your next change oil. For the mean time, check for leaks. it will cause loose thread if it was overtightened and backyard mechanics are notorious for doing that, they don't know the tool called torque wrench and even if they know, the torque settings is not usually written on the manuel.
    Hinde naman po nag leleak ngayon. Saan po ba mas ok na place for oil change where you can just bring all the parts and just pay for the labor and where the mechanics know what they are doing.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
oil drain plug