New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ferddie View Post
    Hinde naman po nag leleak ngayon. Saan po ba mas ok na place for oil change where you can just bring all the parts and just pay for the labor and where the mechanics know what they are doing.
    Backyard mechanics are usually "de pindot" or not automatic when it comes to details as changing gaskets. They follow what they have been taught by experience. Even some CASA mechanics skip on that that is why it is imperative that you "recover" whatever parts they replaced as a proof that they replaced it. On your next PMS, bring your own gasket, gasket-type is brand/engine dependent, they come in flat copper, crush-gasket, copper with felt paper, or nitrile rubber. What car po ba?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    Backyard mechanics are usually "de pindot" or not automatic when it comes to details as changing gaskets. They follow what they have been taught by experience. Even some CASA mechanics skip on that that is why it is imperative that you "recover" whatever parts they replaced as a proof that they replaced it. On your next PMS, bring your own gasket, gasket-type is brand/engine dependent, they come in flat copper, crush-gasket, copper with felt paper, or nitrile rubber. What car po ba?
    Crosswind po sir. Akala ko po kasi nun nag change oil ako sa shell na automatic na pinapalit na rin nila.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ferddie View Post
    Crosswind po sir. Akala ko po kasi nun nag change oil ako sa shell na automatic na pinapalit na rin nila.
    Ahh hindi pala maselan dahil Xwind sabi ng mekaniko

Thai OE# 8979125310P, Japan PN# 8941583280, GM# 94158328

Yung Thai bilin mo tig P40 lang isa or mas mura ung replacement ordinary copper gasket sa auto shop.

Torque for drain-plug is 44 N.m. You may DL the manual at Indian Chevy site, name is Chevy Tavera BSIII (4JA1 non-CRDi).

4. Join Date
    May 2019
    Hi All , I had a flat tire and called online assistance ( 12 am ) to get the spare tire swapped but while jacking-up the dumb mechanic broke the oil drain plug as it seems he kept the jack exactly below the oil drain plug and entire oil has leaked . Now I have a flat tire + a broken drain plug , how best can I get this fixed ? Shall I visit casa or go to any other workshop like Rapide ? Its a 2014 Chevrolet trailblazer very well maintained throughout with CASA , any inputs will help , thanks

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by saudagar View Post
    Hi All , I had a flat tire and called online assistance ( 12 am ) to get the spare tire swapped but while jacking-up the dumb mechanic broke the oil drain plug as it seems he kept the jack exactly below the oil drain plug and entire oil has leaked . Now I have a flat tire + a broken drain plug , how best can I get this fixed ? Shall I visit casa or go to any other workshop like Rapide ? Its a 2014 Chevrolet trailblazer very well maintained throughout with CASA , any inputs will help , thanks
    Go to an auto supply. Buy a drain bolt. Remove old drain plug, put new drain plug. Add oil. Problem solved.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think it's highly probable that he bent the oil pan kung doon niya na jack yun kotse, tingin ko sira na yun butas ng oil pan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I’d say, replace the oil pan including the plug. You should at least try to seek compensation from the towing company.

Any mechanic worth his salt knows that the oil pan cannot bear the weight of the whole front end. It can deform the oil pan or destroy the engine mounts.

You can put a jack under it (with a block of wood) to lift the engine, but definitely not the whole front end of the vehicle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    at that un-holy time, perhaps they ordered the lowest-ranking mammal who wasn't even qualified yet to even open your door, to wake up and go assist you.
    after all, it was just supposed to be a flat tire change. heck, i could do that if i had to.

if you can get a replacement oil pan,
    unless your car is built differently, i think the mekaniko can replace the entire oil pan then and there in your place.
    if under warranty or insurance, ask if it covers such event, and act accordingly.
    i suspect, chevy parts won't be cheap around here.

in the olden days, oil pans were made of sheet metal. makukuha sa pukpok to bring the deformity out enough, and some welding to seal the rip.
    times have changed.

we were instructed years ago, that the only weight the oilpan is confidently designed to hold, is the oil. anything else would be a gamble.
    may be true, may be not. but i wouldn't gamble. i wouldn't put a jack under it, even if it looks strong enough.

good luck, po.
    Last edited by dr. d; May 16th, 2019 at 10:58 AM.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Don't operate a vehicle if you can't change the tires by yourself, get a chauffeur instead.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    You said that it is casa maintained all throughout. Bring it.

Simple tire change nasira pa.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
oil drain plug