New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Casa people will bring my car back to the casa. They used like a stethoscope and I heard they said palyado nga and that the sound is indeed coming from the top of the engine. WTF could have happened to my car's engine when it only ran 35k in 4 years and I follow the oil change religiously naman. I never had any noise in my car when starting the engine in the past. It was always silent.
    Your casa farked up this time. Do not pay anything, tell them it was perfectly fine before it went in the casa.
    Next time at all cost, avoid casa when youre out of warrantey.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by [archie] View Post
    Nothing to worry about... The sound went away so impossible na katok makina.

Pagkakaiba ng tappet sound sa katok... Typewriter sound tappet, katok banging sound and usually followed by smoke sa exhaust.

Edit: palyado tunog? Dun ka kabahan. Haha.
    ^Thanks I am just glad it is not katok.

But casa people brought back my car to the casa because there's still a sound when they used the stethoscope. And it's palyado daw. I really hope there is no damage in the valves because that is what they want to check for. How can a 4 yr old car with 35k on the odometer have an engine problem or perform a top overhaul. Parang lalagnatin na ko
    Last edited by _Cathy_; May 29th, 2014 at 02:37 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 7138 View Post
    Nagkaron ka ng bigbody before diba cathy,
    same with me, my previous ride is 4afe powered corolla GLi,
    self adjusting yung valves din nun, ang lakas ng tappet noise in cold starts
    and eventually will tone down hanggang maliliit na tick sound nalang matitira.

baka nga hindi na nagself adjust kaya umingay padin.
    hopefully walang malaking gastusin.
    Yes. 18 yrs and no engine problem with my big body.

Previously I don't have any noise when starting the engine talaga.

Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    Your casa farked up this time. Do not pay anything, tell them it was perfectly fine before it went in the casa.
    Next time at all cost, avoid casa when youre out of warrantey.
    They are saying the sound has nothing to do with the PMS. And possibility of a top overhaul. WTF! I refuse to pay for that. I had a previous scare with my big body of an overhaul and I almost sold it. I cannot afford a top overhaul on my 10th gen

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 7138 View Post
    Nagkaron ka ng bigbody before diba cathy,
    same with me, my previous ride is 4afe powered corolla GLi,
    self adjusting yung valves din nun, ang lakas ng tappet noise in cold starts
    and eventually will tone down hanggang maliliit na tick sound nalang matitira.

baka nga hindi na nagself adjust kaya umingay padin.
    hopefully walang malaking gastusin.
    There could be your answer....

Valve - normally shhh shhhh shhhh(hangin) ang noise
    Tappet / Rocker Arm - tak tak tak ang noise
    Engine Knock - para talagang may kumakatok - (tao po!... )

“Familiarity breeds awe”
    23.3K:hit:

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    But the question is how come casa people brought back my car to the casa if it is normal sound? And my car was always super silent even when I start in the morning?

What the eff could have happened to my car, it's super alaga and rarely used

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Ayaw maniwala... Tappet lang yan. Ikaw na rin nagsabi, tumahimik makina.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by [archie] View Post
    Ayaw maniwala... Tappet lang yan. Ikaw na rin nagsabi, tumahimik makina.
    Diba sabi mo self adjusting? Yun din sabi ng casa na dapat self adjusting. Pero ang sabi nila, hindi nag adjust this time kaya baka may gasgas or something na daw yung valve. Hindi ko alam gaano katagal sa casa yung auto ko

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Ummm tumahimik means nagadjust clearance.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    But the question is how come casa people brought back my car to the casa if it is normal sound?
    Because they don't know what they're doing. It's possible they put the wrong oil, put too much or too little. Lots of causes. It's also possible there's nothing wrong.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    cathy, like what i told you last night, newer Yota engines require 15w40 viscosity oil. check your manual and check if the oil used by casa was within spec.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast