New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    tanung lang din mga peeps.. anong engine oil ba ang ok sa crdi engine? gamit ko kase kahit sa ibang diesel ko ay 15w40.. regular ang change oil ko, sabi kase ng mekaniko ko, ok na daw yung oil ko. sinusunod ko nman daw pms ko, saka pati mga filter ko, palit kung dapat palitan.. tia

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    same with my mechanic sir glenn_sp, sabi rin ng head mechanic sa casa ng isuzu (inteco), iyung sportivo daw hindi puwede gamitan ng besco oil nila na 5w30 yata iyun kasi mag leak daw mga oil seals. Sabi nila, basta daw sundin iyung pms ng auto or kung gusto daw is mas earlier the better mag change oil. Ginamit yata namin iyung isuzu oil na straight 40 ang rating.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    contact mo speedyfix, kung puwede e-padala through AP Cargo.

afaik, crdi use 10w-below. oil required is lighter than most old school engines.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by vlad123456 View Post
    Tsikoteers, I'm due for change oil this month and want to try fully synthetic oil for my diesel ride. Unfortunately, I cannot find any syn oil with 15W-40 in laguna area. Only syn oil available is 5W-40(castrol,shell), and 20W-50(shell). which of the two i can use and is okay for an diesel engine.
    [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Gemma/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]

Valvoline’s Premium Blue Engine Oil is designed to provide advanced lubricant performance in modern, emissions treatment equipped diesel engines, including all types of Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) and Diesel Particulate Filters (DPF). When used in conjunction with Ultra-Low Diesel Sulfur fuel, this product technology offers a long-life, extended drain capable*, balanced formulation which helps maximize engine durability as well as after-treatment cleanliness.
    The Premium Blue Advantage:

• Unique dispersive polymer technology (DPT),with premium Group II baseoil, provides advanced soot control, and cold start protection.
    • Valvetrain wear protection and reduced oil filter restriction at high soot levels.
    • High temperature deposit control, including single and two-piece pistons, and ring/liner wear protection.
    • Higher TBN level and TBN retention for long-life performance, while meeting all chemical limits.
    • Endorsed and recommended by Cummins for use in Dodge Ram Turbo Diesels

Valvoline’s Premium Blue Engine Oil is endorsed by Cummins Engine Company and has been tested extensively by Cummins in stationary and on-road EGR engines, including those equipped with DPFs. It is approved against the CES 20081 specification.

How it Works

Premium Blue contains DPT — Dispersive Polymer Technology — a proprietary combination of additives that protects against soot-related valve train wear and reduces piston deposits, ring wear, liner polishing, and filter plugging.
    While providing extended protection from thermal degradation and corrosion due to higher temperatures and acids from cooled Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR), DPT keeps soot particles in suspension so that the oil maintains optimum flow characteristics in cold weather and at operating temperatures.

Product SpecsValvoline’s Premium Blue Engine Oil is endorsed by Cummins Engine Company and has been tested extensively by Cummins in stationary and on-road EGR engines, including those equipped with DPFs. It is approved against the CES 20081 specification. It will also be approved against Mack EO-O Premium Plus 2007, Volvo VDS-4, and DDC Power Guard 93K218 specifications. It exceeds the lubrication requirements for Caterpillar, Detroit Diesel, Navistar, other heavy duty diesel engines, including engine performance requirements of Caterpillar ECF-3 and the Global DHD-1 Specification. The product meets API CJ-4, API CI-4 Plus, API CI-4, API CH-4,CG-4, CF-4, CF / SM, the performance requirements of ACEA E3-96, E5-02, E7-04 and the engine requirements of DB 228.3 ,MTU Type 2/Type 1, DDC 2000/4000 Series Type2/Type 1, MAN 3275, MAN 271. It provides excellent performance in “mixed fleet” gasoline engines, pickup and delivery, city fleet, long haul over-the-road, and off-highway applications.

I would have to recommend this non-synthetic base engine oil from valvoline(as the Valvoline premium blue extreme fully synthetic engine oil is not yet available here in the philippines). As this is the only locally available diesel engine oil that meets the latest Api CJ-4 to my personal knowledge, this would be the best rating to date available locally.

an sae 15w-40 is best suited for our country as we our engines could experience upto 40 degrees of heat but not less than 15 degrees of coldness.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    guys, maraming salamat sa replies. hilander nga pala ride ko. another question, pag nag fully synthetic ako, is it ok to increase PMS interval to 10,000 km or 6 mons whichever comes first.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Not to disappoint you, pero 4ja-1 ng highlander is considered as one of the old school diesel engines na tumatakbo pa. Kung yung mga patrol (ZD30) at pajero (4d-56 and 4m40) with turbos pa are not recommended to go full synthetic yung atin pa. isa pa hindi rin recommended sa diesel na mag 10,000 kms interval, the frequent the better.

I suggest mag mineral ka na lang tapos i-change oil mo every 3,000 or 4,000 kms. Ramdam mong smooth siya dahil malinis na malinis.

My 1 cent.

check mo rin mga oil thread discussions, marami yan

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    *XTO
    thanks for the recommendation. By the way, what oil do you use? para may reference ako.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    *XTO
    thanks for the recommendation. By the way, what oil do you use? para may reference ako.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    valvoline durablend 10W-40, locally available ba 'to (ace hard, etc...)?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    for most of the diesel engines, a 40 weight oil will be best. there are of course some exceptions but unless you own an isuzu that's the rule for most.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
which oil is better for diesel??