New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Re:Valvoline’s Premium Blue Engine Oil and other CJ-4 Diesel motor Oil.

Ingat po kayo dito, according to big tribology consultants sa US this is best used for new Diesel Engines, 2007 design and later which conforms with the new US Emission Policy, that require among others the use of diesel particulate filter or DPF.

The additive mixture and content ( to prolong DPF life) of this new diesel motor oli rating may be detrimental to older design diesel engines.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vlad123456 View Post
    *XTO
    thanks for the recommendation. By the way, what oil do you use? para may reference ako.
    you can't go wrong with shell helix diesel or caltex delo gold multigrade (mahirap na maghanap nito) tried also castrol gtx-diesel, petron rev-x trekker and rimula x pero no 1 priority ko yung dalawa.

basta follow mo lang palagi ang 5,000 kms max or lesser oil change and definitely tatagal ang 4ja1 mo. dagdag mo pa regular air filter cleaning para di siya mausok. fuel filter change at least every 20,000 kms.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix View Post
    for most of the diesel engines, a 40 weight oil will be best. there are of course some exceptions but unless you own an isuzu that's the rule for most.

sir speedyfix anu po ang suggested/recomended nyo pag sa crdi engine? ilang liters po? mine was gen3 grx starex.. tia.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    pde paexplain yun viscosity number? thick and thin oil?
    pros and cons of different oil viscosity.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Sir XTO

I take note of the engine oils you mentioned. I'm also a Crosswind owner, non-turbo version.

Have a question though, would the ones you recommend still good for the Fuego with turbocharged 2.5D 4JA1 engine?

Salamat.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by vlad123456 View Post
    http://www.carbibles.com/engineoil_bible.html

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    Sir XTO

I take note of the engine oils you mentioned. I'm also a Crosswind owner, non-turbo version.

Have a question though, would the ones you recommend still good for the Fuego with turbocharged 2.5D 4JA1 engine?

Salamat.

Isuzu recommends their IGMO or Isuzu Genuine Motor Oil for these 1988 circa engines (with turbo or not) so any brands with SAE 40 rating will do (Delo Gold, Silver, Petron HD Hauler, Shell and Castrol monogrades. etc) but because multigrade can give better protection esp during cold starts I would prefer this over the former mura lang naman difference

btw even with gen 2 (4d56) and 2.5 (4m40) pajeros (with intercooler turbo pa nga) here in tsikot use these types of mineral based multigrades considering 4m40 engine is newer. also the patrol with turbocharged ZD30.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Copy sir. For 50,000km oil change na kasi Fuego ko. Salamat.

Btw, do you know the producer of the proprietary Isuzu Genuine Engine Oil.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    API CJ-4 vs API CL-4/CL-4 plus diesel engine oils.

http://www.turbodieselregister.com/TDR57_Oil.pdf

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
which oil is better for diesel??