New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Tsikoteers, I'm due for change oil this month and want to try fully synthetic oil for my diesel ride. Unfortunately, I cannot find any syn oil with 15W-40 in laguna area. Only syn oil available is 5W-40(castrol,shell), and 20W-50(shell). which of the two i can use and is okay for an diesel engine.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    castrol magnatec semi-syn has 15w40. but too magnetic for me, kahit sa kamay, ang hirap tangalin. I think myroon din mobil 1 full synthetic, and Royal Purple.

Royal Purple has the most praise here in tsikot.

more info here:
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48274

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Royal Purple has full synth 15w40. PM or call Speedyfix for a dealer near you.

Petron has a synthetic diesel oil. Rev X Trekker or something like that. But its 5w30 if memory works.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ok ba ang eneos? highly recommended nang ibang enthusiasts kasi ito daw ang oem oil manufacturers ng most japanese automotive vehicles

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    from castrol CRb i shifted to Petron trekker or all terrain. Mas maganda ang engine performance when i used the petron oil

6. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    I would really like to try Royal Purple but i could not find it here in laguna. Petron trekker is it synthetic not fully synthetic? Correct me if I am wrong, kasi yun nakikita ko sa label na "synthetic technology" does it mean fully syn or semi-syn??

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by vlad123456 View Post
    I would really like to try Royal Purple but i could not find it here in laguna. Petron trekker is it synthetic not fully synthetic? Correct me if I am wrong, kasi yun nakikita ko sa label na "synthetic technology" does it mean fully syn or semi-syn??
    yup, trekker is semi synthetic but the all terrain is fully synthetic. Mas cheaper kasi ang trekker and wala naman problem if i use the semi syn as long as i follow the regular pms. actually when i was in college naalala ko yung professor ko in lubricants na against siya in using fully synthetic, mas prefer nila ang mineral base oil or the semi synthetic. fully synthetic although is good pero madali daw magcarbonize unlike the mineral or the semi. anyway just follow the regular pms of our car i think hindi problem kung kineral, semi or fully as long as your satisfied.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by vlad123456 View Post
    Tsikoteers, I'm due for change oil this month and want to try fully synthetic oil for my diesel ride. Unfortunately, I cannot find any syn oil with 15W-40 in laguna area. Only syn oil available is 5W-40(castrol,shell), and 20W-50(shell). which of the two i can use and is okay for an diesel engine.
    Check the rating at the back of the bottle, it should be diesel-rated. You can tell if it has a C instead of S when checking the ratings. If it's S-rated only, it's not designed to handle diesel soot, but can be used temporarily as an emergency oil. Replenish with correct type as soon as possible.

For me I went from dino to semi-synthetic muna. Baka mabigla sasakyan ko. So far so good, I get better starts and feels a bit lighter with 5W-40 (here in the US I use Shell Rotella). Might use it for a while I think my car likes it.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    You didn’t mention the engine type. IMO it’s just a waste of money to go fully synthetic if the manual says not. as long you follow the right viscosity and intervals then definitely it will serve you well. changing every 4000 kms the better and cheaper too.

if i will go into fully synthetic, petron all-terrain would be my first choice. budget wise, it's the cheapest among locally available brand.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Pag turbo diesel mas maganda semi-synthetic or fully sythetic, pero sabi ng mga tekno with CL-4 or CL-4 plus oil service rating, di na nagkakalayo ang performance ng mga diesel motor oils as the added test criteria (14 ASTM tests to pass vs 12 tests with API CH4) will eliminate the use of poor quality base stocks and additives.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
which oil is better for diesel??