New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    sir mazda what viscosity are you using? im planing to switch to RP too ..

Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    I'm getting better fuel economy with Royal Purple... around 5-7% better than Motul.

I've used Motul for quite a long time... 40,000 kilometer I think... before I switched to Royal Purple.

:cool01:

bigbigcar.com Review: Toyota Avanza 1.5G

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post
    sir mazda what viscosity are you using? im planing to switch to RP too ..
    I've used 10W-30 before... using 10W-40 now just to see if there's any difference.

Just use whatever is recommended for your engine.

bigbigcar.com Review: Toyota Avanza 1.5G

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    5w-30 nakalagay sa manual for my 4jx1 ..
    kay speedyfix ka perform PM?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix View Post
    SRP for the 5w40 is 550/liter.
    Sir do you have a 6 quart oil change promo package? Car is a Mazda3 2.3l can you provide or do I have to bring my own filter? Thank you.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Since hindi pa nagrereply si speedyfix, I found out sa website nila na unfortunately the 5w-40 is hindi kasama sa 2100 na presyo which includes labor and oil filter. so yung signature niya na 2100=any viscosity of RP + oil filter + labor is mali, misleading siya.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    grid, the promo is aimed towards passenger gasoline cars which only consume at most 4 liters of oil (when they consume more we just add the cost of the extra oil to the total). the 5w40 oil actually just arrived and pricing is different for it kaya di sya kasama sa promo, i haven't had the chance to re-do my signature yet. sorry if you think it is misleading but i cannot fit all the details in the sig since it is not permitted by the system.

in any case, depending on your car, 4 liters will probably not be enough so if you decide to go the RP route you will have to purchase the oil individually. plus the oil filters for diesels are 2-3x the cost of the regular filters for most sedans so di talaga sya masama sa 2100.

mazdamazda, glad to hear that bro!

s_quilicot, yup mazdamazda either has his work done with us or in speedlab ata.

Si 06, the mazda needs the motorcraft filter. you can provide it yourself and we can do the rest of the work. we will just charge you for the consumed oil and labor.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    sir migs

yesterday nasa LAcars ako and may nakasabay akong civic sa tint Room,
    i noticed na may speedyfix and RP sticker sa rear window, i asked the owner and sabi niya jan daw siya pagawa sa shop nyo and he's using RP oil.
    he says ok na ok daw yung RP, much smoother ride, he saves a lot on gas and lumakas daw hatak. so its enough for me na jan na ako mag PMS ..

ask ko lang po pasok ba sa 2100 promo ang altis? and how much atf for altis (RP syntheic)..n

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    can anybody explain to me what is the 5w and 30 in the oil means? anung diffecrence of the #w and 30,40,50 in the oil ..

TIA

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post
    can anybody explain to me what is the 5w and 30 in the oil means? anung diffecrence of the #w and 30,40,50 in the oil ..

TIA
    the "w" means winter. So for 5w30 it means that its a thin oil that will easily flow at cold temps. Think of it as a 5 weight oil that will not thin more than 30 when hot.

here's a link to valvoline's explanation http://www.valvoline.com/carcare/art...=ccr20040601ov

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    the "w" means winter. So for 5w30 it means that its a thin oil that will easily flow at cold temps. Think of it as a 5 weight oil that will not thin more than 30 when hot.

here's a link to valvoline's explanation http://www.valvoline.com/carcare/art...=ccr20040601ov
    thanks sir .. sure it helps .. hehehe

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
MOTUL or Royal Purple?