New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    You can use the RP 5w40 for diesel but its only rated as CF. CF rating while still in use, has been surpassed by newer standards. As I stated earlier, the RP 15w40 or 10w40 are the RP variants for diesel engines.
    so wich should i get sir?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    check your manual. get the viscosity and grade recommended by your manufacturer.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post
    wich one would be the best in quality and performance ..
    Royal Purple 5w-40
    Mobil1 Delvac 5w-40
    Castrol Edge 5w-40

or 5w-30?

all mentioned above are fully synthetic ..
    performance po bahala na kung mahal ..
    whats the best among the 3?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    before you compare you have to first find out which viscosity is recommended by the engine. then you do a comparison based on the oils with that specific viscosity and with api ratings that meet the requirements.

for hondas the thickest you should go is a 10w40 unless you are turboed or have other mods which is when you can play around with the viscosity.

yes, RP is straight from the US. Most of the Motul oils in the market are packed/made in asia na and not in France. it's on the label at the back. you can look at it.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix View Post
    before you compare you have to first find out which viscosity is recommended by the engine. then you do a comparison based on the oils with that specific viscosity and with api ratings that meet the requirements.

for hondas the thickest you should go is a 10w40 unless you are turboed or have other mods which is when you can play around with the viscosity.

yes, RP is straight from the US. Most of the Motul oils in the market are packed/made in asia na and not in France. it's on the label at the back. you can look at it.
    sir miggs 5w-30 pala .. nakalagay sa manual and allover sa engine ..
    available din ba sa inyo mobil one DELVAC?

whats the best that you can recomend to me for a viscosity of 5w-30 ..
    have plans kasi to visit your shop around 1st week of april ..

TANABE brakepad or much better brands pala for trooper 4jx1 din ..

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    sorry we do not have delvac. the only 5w30 we have is royal purple full syn oil. you can get the product sheet here: http://www.royalpurple.com/motor-oil-pp.html

yes meron tanabe for the front lang though.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Sir speedyfix if oil lang ng RP 5W-40 fully syn magkano?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    SRP for the 5w40 is 550/liter.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix View Post
    SRP for the 5w40 is 550/liter.
    Clarify ko lang, if I will avail your promo on your signature, Php 2,100 for 4 quarts not liters(malaki diffrence)-any viscosity + oil filter + labor; applicable ba siya sa RP 5w-40? as well as my ride is a diesel so my oil filter I hope ay may stock kayo diyan.. 2,100 pa din ba yung price?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm getting better fuel economy with Royal Purple... around 5-7% better than Motul.

I've used Motul for quite a long time... 40,000 kilometer I think... before I switched to Royal Purple.

:cool01:

bigbigcar.com Review: Toyota Avanza 1.5G

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
MOTUL or Royal Purple?