New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 520 of 655 FirstFirst ... 420470510516517518519520521522523524530570620 ... LastLast
Results 5,191 to 5,200 of 6542
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jodski View Post
    Shared album - Jorge .L - Google Photos

Parang dinuguan lang ano?

This is what it looks like for a fully synthetic oil ng Montero na nagpapa change oil lang every 20,000 km oci

Sent from my ASUS ZenFone 4 using Tapatalk
    That is sludge. Was he experimenting? He'd need to flush all the sludge out.

Sent from my Android using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    following manufacturer intervals will have avoided this...

she must have followed the oil manufacturers claim of "up to 20,000" but disregarded oil manufacturer's recommendation of "follow your vehicle's recommended oil change interval"

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Doing a 20,000 km OCI will probably work if your driving conditions are almost exclusively interstate-like. But her in MM, people should adhere to 3, 4 or 6 months OCI, whichever is prescribed. KM value will not matter if the vehicle spends three-quarters of its life idling in traffic.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    http://zicph.com/product/2

zic ph finally released the pds and msds..

the 10w40's hths is super thick.. almost like 50weight.. hence some say their engines are quieter...

even their 5w30 is like 40weight

uploaded photos

5. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by K.I.L.L. View Post
    That is sludge. Was he experimenting? He'd need to flush all the sludge out.

Sent from my Android using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Sad to say pero the owner of the unit is not experimenting.

Kahit pinagsasabihan, ang isasagot sa iyo "okay lang yan kasi fully synthetic naman" [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jodski View Post
    Sad to say pero the owner of the unit is not experimenting.

Kahit pinagsasabihan, ang isasagot sa iyo "okay lang yan kasi fully synthetic naman" [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

parang bayaw ko na hilaw, bought a 2nd hand crosswind.
    ok lang he bought a new set of tires, safety eh; after nun accessories na, sabi ko napalitan mo na ba fluids? sabi nya aabot pa yan ng 5k km O_o

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Group III vs Group IV (PAO). Does it still matter?

Talking only about fully-synthetic oil, there was probably a point in time when PAO base oils were considered the holy grail of lubricants and were actually superior, in a very big way, to Group III and lower base stocks. But is this still the case today? It appears now that the performance gap between Group III and IV base stocks have become so close that the jump in cost choosing PAO appears to be no longer practical.

As cost is a major concern for most people, are the seemingly marginal benefits of PAO enough justification to throw money at it?

Below is an article I read challenging this conventional thinking. Excerpts has been provided if you do not wish to read the whole article.

A similar trend is emerging with Group III base oils, especially those made using modern hydroisomerization. These oils provide equivalent performance to traditional PAO-based synthetic oils for most products and can be manufactured in volumes and at price points unachievable by PAO.
    A modern Group III oil can actually outperform a PAO in several areas important to lubricants, such as additive solubility, lubricity and antiwear performance. Group III base oils can now rival PAO stocks in pour point, viscosity index and oxidation stability performance.
    This equivalent performance was validated by the 1999 ruling of the National Advertising Division of the Better Business Bureau which allowed lubricants made with Group III oils to be labeled “synthetic.”
    Unfortunately for PAO producers, their feedstock prices will continue to be relatively high, and the authors believe that this will relegate PAO-based lubricants to smaller, specialized markets in the future. Driven by the substantially lower price of Group III oils, the synthetic automotive lubricant market in North America is rapidly converting most of its volumes to Group III base stocks.
    Source: Performance of Base Oils and Future Trends - The Evolution of Base Oil Technology - Part 3

Comments?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Group III vs Group IV (PAO). Does it still matter?

Talking only about fully-synthetic oil, there was probably a point in time when PAO base oils were considered the holy grail of lubricants and were actually superior, in a very big way, to Group III and lower base stocks. But is this still the case today? It appears now that the performance gap between Group III and IV base stocks have become so close that the jump in cost choosing PAO appears to be no longer practical.

As cost is a major concern for most people, are the seemingly marginal benefits of PAO enough justification to throw money at it?

Below is an article I read challenging this conventional thinking. Excerpts has been provided if you do not wish to read the whole article.

Source: Performance of Base Oils and Future Trends - The Evolution of Base Oil Technology - Part 3

Comments?
    That is true. Grouo III base oils are just cheaper and it makes sense to just develop and improve them than to push people to switch to FULLY SYNTHETIC Oils.

Shell has a new oil that they highlight as purest due to gas to liquid process. It is base 3 as well iirc.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

9. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Re: Shell Helix HX7. 5W-40. Is this Group III based?

Sent from my ASUS_X00DDA using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by red_one View Post
    Re: Shell Helix HX7. 5W-40. Is this Group III based?

Sent from my ASUS_X00DDA using Tapatalk
    grp3+

Mineral , semi synthetic or fully synthetic?