New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 570 of 655 FirstFirst ... 470520560566567568569570571572573574580620 ... LastLast
Results 5,691 to 5,700 of 6542
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I think that the Dimple oil filter magnets are a scam. Even without magnets, the oil filter is already trapping dirt down to a certain micron and the engine will last long even with just oil and filter changes. Adding magnets may help a bit on the filter’s dirt carrying capacity but to spend $35 on them when there are cheaper alternatives?

I am not saying it’s not doing anything. I’m saying that it’s too expensive for the amount of work it is doing. Even if what Dimple claims is true about how powerful and heat-resistant their magnets are, then just put 10 Lazada Neodymium magnets on your filter and you only have to spend just a little over $7.... 1/5 the price of the Dimple oil filter magnets.

If you’re already using Dimple products, congrats. I guess you’re more well off than I am. As for me, I don’t think I will ever spend that much for magnets.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    I think that the Dimple oil filter magnets are a scam. Even without magnets, the oil filter is already trapping dirt down to a certain micron and the engine will last long even with just oil and filter changes. Adding magnets may help a bit on the filter’s dirt carrying capacity but to spend $35 on them when there are cheaper alternatives?

I am not saying it’s not doing anything. I’m saying that it’s too expensive for the amount of work it is doing. Even if what Dimple claims is true about how powerful and heat-resistant their magnets are, then just put 10 Lazada Neodymium magnets on your filter and you only have to spend just a little over $7.... 1/5 the price of the Dimple oil filter magnets.

If you’re already using Dimple products, congrats. I guess you’re more well off than I am. As for me, I don’t think I will ever spend that much for magnets.
    All good, sir. Nothing to do w/ social or financial standing, sir. Just sharing the better products out there for those who care. Thanks.[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    The best things in life are free

Or cheap just like doing DIY saving bucks and fishing a big tuna from the sea.

1 big magnet was in the sump but i just checked it now and it was missing, maybe it hit a rock or somebody found it while on the lifter. Magnets were from my electronic scraps - speaker magnet and 5.25 HDD.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Hmmmm.... so speaker magnets can stay attached even on high speed, rough roads and humps? Maybe I should try it as I have busted car speakers.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    The best things in life are free

Or cheap just like doing DIY saving bucks and fishing a big tuna from the sea.

1 big magnet was in the sump but i just checked it now and it was missing, maybe it hit a rock or somebody found it while on the lifter. Magnets were from my electronic scraps - speaker magnet and 5.25 HDD.
    Good for picking up metal shavings..if your old engine has plenty then the oil that you use is ineffective

Sent from my SM-G532G using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kisshmet View Post
    Good for picking up metal shavings..if your old engine has plenty then the oil that you use is ineffective

If you have metal shavings (in the truest sense of the phrase), then it's probably already too late for the engine. And even without the magnets, the filter would've caught them anyway.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    ^Magnets pick up metals not rubbery gunks

The pic is highly questionable

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kisshmet View Post
    ^Magnets pick up metals not rubbery gunks

The pic is highly questionable

My point was, the filter media picks up rubbery gunk AND metals.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    ^Metal shavings are sharp..it perforates the filter material (paper)..it ruins oil pump

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    No offense, at $35, those are probably the most expensive magnets I've ever seen.

It must work like a PowerBalance bracelet for your car.

Just get the magnets from Lazada. They have 2 x 1 cm rectangular Neodymium magnets for like under P400 for 10 pcs. It can be shared between 2 to 3 cars.
    if really into magnets, daiso sells a pack for 88 bucks.

personally, however, i would probably install the magnets at the sump and not at the filter.
    get the filings before they get into the filter.
    heh heh.

Mineral , semi synthetic or fully synthetic?