New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Very hot itong topic na to. Walang katapusan to.

Parang AMD vs. Intel or XBOX 360 vs. PS3.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    naalala ko na yung sinabi ng sales assitant.....

Ano ibig sabihin ng euro 4 compliant?

Euro-4 compliant daw ang carens......lahat ba ng hyundai and kia crdi euro 4 compliant?

How about sa toyota, isuze, chevrolet, etc crdi?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Basta bosch ang system dependable.
    Siemens/VDO humihirit na rin sa electronic fuel systems.

as i know, talagang test drive.. pero amongst the new diesels, toyota has the weakest stock output...and the most modern amongst them found on the korean brands, hyundai and kia...i heard na 170ps ang 2.5L-vgt ng grand-starex

mitsu's crdi is relatively new and the 2.5L and 3.2L are based from their legendary engine: 4d56 and 4m41.

nissan's "new" YD25-NEO-Di is an improved version of the japanese YD25-neo-Di found in the 1999-up nissan serena (which was released here only with SR20DE engine)

ford's TDCi is also better, can be at par with the korean/euro diesels..

toyota, as i sad, the 1kd-ftv(3.0L) and the 2kd-ftv(2.5L) has the weakest stock output.. pero humors say that the 2.5L-2kd-ftv found on the innovas, hi-ace, and hilux can be tweaked to 170ps an an improved torque by chip-ad-on/modification..but still, do a same tweaking on a new VGT-crdi of a korean, results will still far exceed that of the toyota..

cant comment yet on the crdi of chevy--for sure is korean too and modern in a sense...

but 1 thing i am sure: the 07 carnival LX 5-AT CRDi, non-VGT(eto ang pala ang nilabas sa atin!). 2.9L churns 160ps*3.7t, 35kg-m*2t pulls and drives like a 3.0 v6 cefiro, only in diesel form and a much more roomier... but no matter how hard i floor it, to make it smoke....i failed. i just enjoyed driving it, now i like to own one now--EX-SWB with almost all power amenities that you can find in a previa... ps: ( korean 2.9vgt has a 170ps *3.5t, 35kg-m *1.8t)

basta un nga, drive first before you compare.. kung hindi, trust your instinct and interview the guys at the parking lot...(i sometimes do this)
    Last edited by alwayz_yummy; November 1st, 2007 at 08:24 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    different brands of car has different types of crdi.. eventhough it has the basic desyn and concept. still its different from one another because each manufacturer has its own technique or specs on how the crdi should function or perform...

and yup pumasa ang kia sa europe kc thats where they sell most also than the US... and euro ang basehan ng emission natin.. usually the phils law requires the euro2 na standard and the US and europe area the euro3.. but meron din asian brands na euro3...

suv, maybe they are refering to the generation ng CRDi or the way th engine is built... meron kc upgraded and meron din na from top-bottom is all new... .. upgraded meaning that the engine is based on previous or existing engine models and adjusted and retrofiited to be a crdi engine...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    This technology in diesel engines is now shared by engine developers. They use the same principle however each manufacturer/developer has its own advancement over other competitors. Very pervasive ang Bosch system sa Europe and even now in Asia (Hyundai/Kia) due to their very advanced design and reliability. One example, just look at the current KIA Sorento. It's an aging model but then tanungin mo nalang mga owners and definitely they will tell you the engine/fuel system is very robust and reliable. (Wala akong sinabi sa Denso ha.;)
    So my answer your question in NO they are not the same. What is the same is the underlying principle of the technology but it is in implementation that makes the difference. My prediction is that the HYUNDAI/KIA duo will have a better position of eating up more of the CRDI market in the future because of increased customer confidence and we must not forget that word of mouth coming from very satisfied customer base is also very effective.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Basta for now ang pinaka maganda un sa Hyundai/Kia. Pinaka bulok sa Toyota.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by suv View Post
    Na test drive ko yung carens.....Pero iba iba daw level ng CRDI.... So yun ang gusto ko malaman dito sa mga experts....
    Kung naka test drive ka na ng carens, why take others' word for it? Test drive mo na din yung closest competitor(s) niya na pasok sa short list mo. :bow ako:

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by hominid View Post
    Basta for now ang pinaka maganda un sa Hyundai/Kia. Pinaka bulok sa Toyota.
    Well the forum shouts it all . . . . . goodbye T O Y O T A ! !

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^ wag naman kayo ganyan sa toyota... yung 2.5 D-4D lang naman mahina nila kahit naka VGT na... yung 3.0 D-4D VGT naman nila malakas ang power, 163 ps at 343 Nm compared sa Isuzu 3.0 i-Teq na 146 ps at 294 Nm lang... ang nakalamang lang talaga sa Toyota is yung Mitsubishi 3.2 DI-D na 165 ps at 350 Nm na nasa Gen. 4 Pajero.. di ko na sinama yung sa Hyundai na 3.0 kasi V6 yun eh... puro inline-4 lang yung mga binanggit ko..

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Lahat ba ng CRDI "pareha"?