New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Just keep the engine idling for 30 secs after you start (to let the lubricants circulate) then start moving at low rpm.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    OT lang. Sir mbeige, saan mo nakuha yang online version ng Benz manual?

Naghahanap kasi ako para sa W108. Ang alam ko lang na may W108 ay si Dr. Bagsic of MBCP pero wala din ata siya manual.

BTTT:
    Idling isn't necessarily bad. It just doesn't have much benefit...
    OT: Hi Doc,

Nakuha ko yung manual here while searching around:

http://www.foro.pieldetoro.net/web/M....php?MANUAL=14

That is for the w123D European versions but I'm not sure lang where to get the 108/109 manuals. Si Sid ng MBCP may 109 300sel 3.5 yata maybe knows where to get some? Also, do you know if Doc Bagsic is still in touch with Eric V.?

Also this site may be useful pero the language of the scanned manuals may not, I haven't scoured the site that much yet but it's worth a shot dahil maraming tech info:

http://www.c123klubas.com/eng.htm

edit: Doc, I found the link after trial and error (change the last number of the URL to some number, I found that 6 leads to the 108/109 manual)

http://www.foro.pieldetoro.net/web/M...e.php?MANUAL=6

Guys when you're idling underground like sa mall parking or where ventilation is bad, please know the recirculation feature of your vehicles is designed to allow a minimal amount of air into the car. Even if it's also set to recirculate inside air. So with that you may be inhaling noxious CO gasses that has no smell or color at hindi niyo rin alam.
    Last edited by mbeige; September 28th, 2006 at 09:56 AM.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoy View Post
    im noticed in my starex that when u first start it up, it idles above 1000RPM then after a few minute it wil idle below 8RPM, it does it all by it self.. so how can that be bad?
    Ganyan din yung oto ko, pero mga 10 secs lang, pag baba sa 800 andar nako..

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Kahit nga yun Altis pag bagong start akyat muna sa ~1,300rpm tapos baba din after around 30 secs

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    wow dami ko na dapat baguhin sa morning rituals ko
    pero ndi naman 3 mins ung warm up ko eh pero mga 1 min lang hehehe

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    New cars idle up in the morning to warm up the engine faster. Given today's demands for a faster lifestyle, it's necessary.

That's also very true for cars in cold climates.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    ako abot 5 minutes idling sayang fuel.... salamat sa infos

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    idling bad?.. paano pag trapik.. idling tayo minsan for more than 30 mins di ba..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Please correct me if I'm wrong pero di ba pag EFI ang makina di na kailangan i-warm up?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For my turbodiesels, I idle for around 20 seconds before driving off in low gear, keeping engine revs under 2000 rpm.

Nakakapikon lang minsan kasi paglabas ng gate namin, provincial highway kaagad. Eh sa bagal ng takbo ko pag cold start, pati mga tricycle at kuliglig ino-overtake ako

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Idling is bad for your engine..