New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    ^malabo ba ang mata mo?

To discern much clearer you can light up the reservoir

If you inspect the reservoir it has a hole on top known as overflow port. The purpose of that port is to provide a channel to release pressure. When the engine is running its burning fuel and that generates heat. A rise in temperature is coupled with an increase in pressure in the reservoir. As pressure gets stronger it will push some of those coolant fluid out otherwise the pressure could build strong enough to pop open the reservoir cover

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bluemeth View Post
    Hi guys. I own a Honda Mobilio 2017 CVT which i acquired just last Dec 2018. Last time na nagpa-gas ako sa Shell, the gasoline boy told me na mababa na raw yung coolant and inofferan niya ako ng coolant nila. I declined kasi I want to check it for myself and baka gusto lang ako bentahan nung gasoline boy. Now I'm trying to check yung coolant reservoir. I know na dapat in between max and min yung level but I cannot see sa reservoir clearly kung nasaan na yung level ng coolant. How do you check yours? Also, if less than a year pa lang yung unit and on average is used 2x a week, you think reasonable na mababa na yung coolant level?

Thanks!
    generic answer here.
    many reservoirs are made of plastic and are transluscent enough.
    use a strong flashlight to illuminate the opposite or off-side of the reservoir. or maybe even from the top of the un-capped reservoir. the coolant level becomes more discernible.
    taktakin nyo ng daliri, at makikita nyong gumagalaw ang coolant level.
    colored coolants sometimes make it more visible.
    good luck.
    Last edited by dr. d; November 13th, 2019 at 12:41 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Hi guys. I own a Honda Mobilio 2017 CVT which i acquired just last Dec 2018. Last time na nagpa-gas ako sa Shell, the gasoline boy told me na mababa na raw yung coolant and inofferan niya ako ng coolant nila. I declined kasi I want to check it for myself and baka gusto lang ako bentahan nung gasoline boy. Now I'm trying to check yung coolant reservoir. I know na dapat in between max and min yung level but I cannot see sa reservoir clearly kung nasaan na yung level ng coolant. How do you check yours? Also, if less than a year pa lang yung unit and on average is used 2x a week, you think reasonable na mababa na yung coolant level?

Thanks!
    How did the gas boy know mababa coolant mo? did they open the hood and physically check? Usually you check when engine is cold.

Kelan last PMS sa Honda? Sobrang bihira mabawasan ng reservoir nung sa amin (Jazz/Accord). Have it checked during your PMS since your unit is still under warranty.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Thanks kisshmet, dr. d and chris d!

*chris d, yes, inopen niya yung hood. Last PMS ko was June 2019. Medyo nagtataka rin ako why mababa yung coolant level. I heard na it's unusual. Will have it checked sa next PMS ko this Dec/Jan.

Meantime, ano pwede gamitin to top-up yung coolant reservoir? I know na Type II (blue) yung prescribed but medyo mahirap makahanap ng stock. Okay lang ba to mix yung existing na laman ng coolant reservoir with distilled water or other colors ng coolant na off-the-shelf from other stores?

Thanks again.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008

*chris d, yes, inopen niya yung hood. Last PMS ko was June 2019. Medyo nagtataka rin ako why mababa yung coolant level. I heard na it's unusual. Will have it checked sa next PMS ko this Dec/Jan.

Meantime, ano pwede gamitin to top-up yung coolant reservoir? I know na Type II (blue) yung prescribed but medyo mahirap makahanap ng stock. Okay lang ba to mix yung existing na laman ng coolant reservoir with distilled water or other colors ng coolant na off-the-shelf from other stores?

Thanks again.
    coolant levels do vary in the same car, depending on whether the engine is cold (early morning), hot (ordinary) or hotter (traffic, overheat).
    check it early morning.

rule of thumb: if you can't find the correct coolant, go buy from the casa.
    ok lang kung mahal. you'll probably use some of it only once, maybe twice in a year.

if you notice that you seem to be needing more coolant replenishment than above, your car might be overheating or has a leak.

6. Join Date
    May 2014

Thanks again.
    Re Coolant, sa Honda ko. I personally just go to Honda Casa (quezon Ave in my case). I tell them plate number ko and they can trace my records and just give me the correct coolant to use, even if I only have the car serviced there every three years.

But for the City iDsi in particular, I actually read the manual, photocopied the page and brought it to Honda Casa. They were offering me a different coolant type and the manual said a different code. But sabi naman ng Honda yun talaga ginagamit nila sa servicing ng City.

Hope that helps.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006

Thanks again.
    Why would the gasoline boy open the hood? Pina check mo intentionally?

And yes sir, minsan para makabenta sila, oil and coolant ioffer nila kahit konti lang yung baba ng level, pero kung sobra baba, that's another story.

I would measure the level by slowly pouring distilled water into the reservoir, if konti lang na buhos, I won't worry and wait for the pms, if marami rami na buhos, pa check ko na sa Casa.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    guys, Ilan liters ba ang kailangan bilhin sa casa para sa honda? balak ko bumili sa casa tas ipapagawa ko nalang sa auto shop ung pagpalit at pagdrain ng coolant.

Type 2 yung bilhin ko.

Thanks

9. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by bokswager View Post
    guys, Ilan liters ba ang kailangan bilhin sa casa para sa honda? balak ko bumili sa casa tas ipapagawa ko nalang sa auto shop ung pagpalit at pagdrain ng coolant.

Type 2 yung bilhin ko.

Thanks
    I think I used 7 or 8 liters for the CR-V 98. You can actually do it on your own.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12