New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    You really have to retrospect first why you want more power (seems kasi you want it. do you need it?)? Are you planning to move a lot of people with your car? Run steep slopes and hills while car is loaded? Race? Drift?

Practical ang 1.3 for general use lalo na city driving.

Keep your old hunker (not for sentimental but perhaps for practical everyday use) and buy a snazzy sports car like a Mistu Evo or some other eye popping candy car. Something designed with 140++bhp in it without modification.

Then you may race, drift and make porma to get all the fun.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dirk0616 View Post
    hmmm.... laki nga naman ng matitipid sa d15 swap compared to the b16... ... For a guy like me who has limited budget? i'll definitely go with your suggestion sir... very informative and helpful mga posts mo... right now magka canvass muna kung san makakmura. ill let y'all know kapag ok na or pag on the process na...maybe posts some pic... pero baka by December pa...haha... thank you thank you talga, i really appreciate it!
    np. research ka pa marami po dito sa tsikot na talagang willing to give their thoughts. and good luck sa project mo with your City...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolHack View Post
    You really have to retrospect first why you want more power (seems kasi you want it. do you need it?)? Are you planning to move a lot of people with your car? Run steep slopes and hills while car is loaded? Race? Drift?

Practical ang 1.3 for general use lalo na city driving.

Keep your old hunker (not for sentimental but perhaps for practical everyday use) and buy a snazzy sports car like a Mistu Evo or some other eye popping candy car. Something designed with 140++bhp in it without modification.

Then you may race, drift and make porma to get all the fun.

I find this reply very cool, practical and sensible...

I have a 2002 Honda City (1.3L) and after doing some allowable upgrading for I/H/E, very minimal lang naman ang gain. Then I heard some tips that gain from I/H/E mods will work best if there are proper modifications sa internal engine parts. But all the same, the cost will not come with the expected benefits...

So, I'll just keep the good Honda City and save money and scout for an old (1990+'s) high displacement car like galant, camry, exsior, accord or cefiro.

thanks Sir OldSchoolHack!!!

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    mga sir! need some technical advice, just bought an eg hatch with an engine ph12 and found it under power, so i was thinkin if i could use ph16 engine to my ph12 tranny.........what are the advantages and disadvantage with this matter.........tnx......

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cen01 View Post
    mga sir! need some technical advice, just bought an eg hatch with an engine ph12 and found it under power, so i was thinkin if i could use ph16 engine to my ph12 tranny.........what are the advantages and disadvantage with this matter.........tnx......
    I am not a Honda guru but if you fit the PH16 engine to the PH12 tranny, you might get "wrong-geared" which means you might get great acceleration but poor fuel economy.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Engine swap. ;) B16a or B18c.

Pwede rin d15b.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by cen01 View Post
    A Honda bud did this for drag racing because of the closer gear ratio.

It served him well with a short throw shifter for faster shifting, but he had other mods that work together.

Just get one that comes with an appropriate transmission.
    Most likely, the ECU that comes with it is mapped and tuned for the ph16 transmission.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I am not a Honda guru but if you fit the PH16 engine to the PH12 tranny, you might get "wrong-geared" which means you might get great acceleration but poor fuel economy.

will you advice me to do it? also i wont go for racing just not contented with h12 engine.

just incase ill go for b16 b18 or d15b which is more practical to spend in converting and free from maintenance..........tnx much......

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by isa1023 View Post
    A Honda bud did this for drag racing because of the closer gear ratio.

It served him well with a short throw shifter for faster shifting, but he had other mods that work together.

Just get one that comes with an appropriate transmission.
    Most likely, the ECU that comes with it is mapped and tuned for the ph16 transmission.

ic.......... i have a friend thats has a h16 matic tranny, i was thinking if could buy hes engine harnesses for my ph12 tranny........

also how much is the cost of ph16 engine, d15b, b16 18 and which is more practical to have considering cost for convetion, long lasting, fuel economy, of course having a power n speed..........tnx much

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Headers/Exhaust upgrade on a 1.3 engine?