New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    I am assuming that you can buy this to any Caltex station. May I know how do you use it?
    Most Caltex stations don't have this. Caltex sells it through Lazada.

Pour 1 whole bottle into a near empty gas tank, then fill her up. They recommend using it every 3,000 miles.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    I am assuming that you can buy this to any Caltex station. May I know how do you use it?
    It's hard to find Caltex stations that have it in stock. You can get it cheaper at Lazada.

You just pour it in a near-empty fuel tank then fill up. Iirc, the ratio should be 1 bottle per 45 liters of gas.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWest View Post
    It's hard to find Caltex stations that have it in stock. You can get it cheaper at Lazada.

You just pour it in a near-empty fuel tank then fill up. Iirc, the ratio should be 1 bottle per 45 liters of gas.
    This is for the gasoline variant, is that right?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Yes. I'm not sure if there's a variant for diesel (techron d) being sold locally though.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Regarding engine pinging. Doesn't it occur because of low octane rating and not because of dirt buildup?

If so, could it be that Shell is selling fuel that doesn't actually meet the advertised octane rating of their products?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    euro2 fuels bro... 500ppm taas talaga..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    But it's the engine that's Euro 2 rated bro. Was comparing Shell's and Caltex's Euro 4 diesels in the trucks. Caltex smoked more while for Shell there is no visible smoke. Was disappointed with Techron D.

Maybe it's just the station. Not sure if it still sells pure Caltex diesel as we are a bit far away.

Quote Originally Posted by falken View Post
    Chevron.

Ah Chevron pala. Just read that Chevron also bought Texaco a long time ago. So they are basically the same company now.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Regarding engine pinging. Doesn't it occur because of low octane rating and not because of dirt buildup?

If so, could it be that Shell is selling fuel that doesn't actually meet the advertised octane rating of their products?
    Low octane is one of the cause of pre-detonation ..

Carbon Build up is another cause ..

http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/0...ne-detonation/

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Yes, diesel variant is Techron d.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezaremos View Post
    Low octane is one of the cause of pre-detonation ..

Carbon Build up is another cause ..

Detonation Elimination: 9 Ways to Prevent Engine Detonation - OnAllCylinders
    Now I see how carbon buildup can cause pinging.

So if a long time regular Caltex user were to switch back to Shell fuels dapat wala nang pinging. If meron pa rin on the first tank then I guess sub-standard ang fuels ni Shell.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Now I see how carbon buildup can cause pinging.

So if a long time regular Caltex user were to switch back to Shell fuels dapat wala nang pinging. If meron pa rin on the first tank then I guess sub-standard ang fuels ni Shell.
    or,
    your engine was really originally designed to use higher octane fuel for optimum performance.
    but the manufacturer did some tweaking here and there, so's it can function on lower octane fuel.
    but the little bit of carbon deposit, negligible to engines designed to use low octane fuel, pushed your engine so's it can not use lower octane fuel without pinging.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Engine Pre-Detonation Gone with Caltex Platinum .. (Long time Shell V-Power user & fan)