New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    We don't have a Caltex station near our place, I just use Techron concentrate once a year.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    May 2017
    Ok glad to get confirmation from carguys in this forum. I’ve felt like I was giving a disservice to the car engine by not putting shell’s nitro plus. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    glad youre shifting away from the shell marketting [emoji6] caltex has the best fuel additive [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutterbug View Post
    Same with what happened with our car... been using Shell VPower and then because of lower prices, went for Caltex Platinum... and i immediately noticed the improvement. Less sluggish and smoother acceleration... then also got better fuel efficiency.

Could be the Techron too... but a lot of people are firm believer in Shell as the top notch fuel.
    I was also a firm believer of Shell for years until I experienced the pinging, sluggish acceleration and hard starting (specially when engine is turn off while not fully warmed up, hard starting occurs) .. All those problems are gone now that I'm using Caltex Platinum .. I guess experience is really the best teacher ..

4. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutterbug View Post
    Ok glad to get confirmation from carguys in this forum. I’ve felt like I was giving a disservice to the car engine by not putting shell’s nitro plus. Haha
    I thought most of you here are Shell users, I'm glad that there are plenty of Caltex users also ..

The main reason I was using Shell before, was that I just don't like Petron, and I thought due to the fact that Caltex no longer have a refinery here in the Philippines that their products are now inferior to Shell but my experience is wrong..

5. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    glad youre shifting away from the shell marketting [emoji6] caltex has the best fuel additive [emoji16]

I just thought that because Caltex is now just importing fuel due to the fact that their refinery was closed a few years back, that their fuel is inferior to Shell ..

Your right, what set's them apart was that they have Techron additive in their fuel ...

6. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    in the few microseconds that's allowed it, it loosens the deposits daw.
    more than that, google doesn't offer much more.
    i suppose the answer is in the complicated chemical publications that the public does not have easy access to...

the article i saw says the chemical is not unique to caltex; the active ingredient is available in more concentrated additive form in the market.
    I think Techron Concentrate & Redline SI-1 are the only ones using PEA (polyether amines) in their fuel system cleaners ..

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Texaco ba yung may dala ng Techron sa US? My uncle also likes it. But all his cars have gas engines.

Used to fill up with Caltex before for our diesels but despite the Techron additive the Euro 2 engined trucks seemed to smoke more.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Texaco ba yung may dala ng Techron sa US? My uncle also likes it. But all his cars have gas engines.

Used to fill up with Caltex before for our diesels but despite the Techron additive the Euro 2 engined trucks seemed to smoke more.
    Chevron.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post

euro2 fuels bro... 500ppm taas talaga..

10. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by falken View Post
    We don't have a Caltex station near our place, I just use Techron concentrate once a year.

I am assuming that you can buy this to any Caltex station. May I know how do you use it?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Engine Pre-Detonation Gone with Caltex Platinum .. (Long time Shell V-Power user & fan)