New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 56
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,622
    #21
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    this is a three-year old car.
    i am wondering, what type oil has it been using before?
    does casa have the requisite 0W-20 oil?
    is it possible, the car has already been on a more viscous grade of oil even before?
    If it was serviced thru dealerships within its warranty period, it will surely be using the 0w20 FS oil. Honda dealerships use three types of oil - 0w20 synthetic, 5w30 synthetic blend, 10w30 mineral.

    This 0w20 oil has been used by Honda for more than 12 years now. Back then, the only synthetic oil available was the 5w40 VTEC LEV and it was phased out in favor of the greener 0w20 FS oil.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    6,001
    #22
    For diesels you should drive away slowly maybe after 20 seconds from starting. Diesels will take a long time to reach operating temps if you just leave it in idle from a cold start. That could cause a lot more fuel dilution because the rings haven't fully expanded yet.

    If you have a gas engine with CVT, I would wait until the idle RPM goes down to the normal level when warm because that is what most user manuals recommend. Putting it in drive at a higher RPM might affect the CVT's longevity.

  3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,622
    #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    For diesels you should drive away slowly maybe after 20 seconds from starting. Diesels will take a long time to reach operating temps if you just leave it in idle from a cold start. That could cause a lot more fuel dilution because the rings haven't fully expanded yet.

    If you have a gas engine with CVT, I would wait until the idle RPM goes down to the normal level when warm because that is what most user manuals recommend. Putting it in drive at a higher RPM might affect the CVT's longevity.
    I have a turbo gas vehicle with CVT. I usually wait for the blue light indicator to turn off before driving off. It takes a kilometer for me to enter Sucat road and another 4 kilometers before entering SLEX. By then, I go pedal to the metal all the way before exiting at C5.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    655
    #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    If it was serviced thru dealerships within its warranty period, it will surely be using the 0w20 FS oil. Honda dealerships use three types of oil - 0w20 synthetic, 5w30 synthetic blend, 10w30 mineral.

    This 0w20 oil has been used by Honda for more than 12 years now. Back then, the only synthetic oil available was the 5w40 VTEC LEV and it was phased out in favor of the greener 0w20 FS oil.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    ok lang ba sa mga Honda City CVT na 15W40 Synthetic/Fully synthetic ang gamitin kahit kung nakasulat sa manual ay 10w30?

  5. Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    655
    #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post

    If you have a gas engine with CVT, I would wait until the idle RPM goes down to the normal level when warm because that is what most user manuals recommend. Putting it in drive at a higher RPM might affect the CVT's longevity.

    usually mga ilan minutes inaabot mo sa CVT bago bumaba ang idle RPM?

  6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,622
    #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Athrunzala View Post
    ok lang ba sa mga Honda City CVT na 15W40 Synthetic/Fully synthetic ang gamitin kahit kung nakasulat sa manual ay 10w30?
    Fully synthetic na 15w40? Parang di totoo.

    Just stick with 0w20 or 5w30 or 5w40 fully synthetic or 10w30 mineral oil for your Honda. Kaya nga sinulat sa manual yan para sundin.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    6,001
    #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    I have a turbo gas vehicle with CVT. I usually wait for the blue light indicator to turn off before driving off. It takes a kilometer for me to enter Sucat road and another 4 kilometers before entering SLEX. By then, I go pedal to the metal all the way before exiting at C5.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That CVT is probably the most durable one hehe. Saw a cutaway of that in an advert once.

    Quote Originally Posted by Athrunzala View Post
    usually mga ilan minutes inaabot mo sa CVT bago bumaba ang idle RPM?
    Not long, maybe over 1 minute lang. 2 minutes max. Kita mo naman kung bumaba na yung RPM. Gas engines tumataas talaga RPM pag cold start para mabilis mag warm up.

    Different for diesel kasi napakalean ng fuel mixture at idle/no load.

  8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,622
    #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Athrunzala View Post
    usually mga ilan minutes inaabot mo sa CVT bago bumaba ang idle RPM?
    Depende sa kotse yan kaya kelangan mo observe.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,622
    #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    That CVT is probably the most durable one hehe. Saw a cutaway of that in an advert once.



    Not long, maybe over 1 minute lang. 2 minutes max.
    Not all CVTs can handle big amounts of torque (350Nm) at low rpms but Subaru is the only one to offer it for the FXT, WRX, Outback, and Ascent.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    655
    #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    That CVT is probably the most durable one hehe. Saw a cutaway of that in an advert once.



    Not long, maybe over 1 minute lang. 2 minutes max. Kita mo naman kung bumaba na yung RPM. Gas engines tumataas talaga RPM pag cold start para mabilis mag warm up.

    Different for diesel kasi napakalean ng fuel mixture at idle/no load.


    Pakiclarify yung sa diesel engine, you mean hindi na kailangan yung mataas na RPM at the start?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Engine oil concerns. Do I need to change my oil immediately?