New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Athrunzala View Post
    Pakiclarify yung sa diesel engine, you mean hindi na kailangan yung mataas na RPM at the start?
    Ang diesel hindi tinataasan ng ECU ang RPM pag cold start. Kahit taasan ang RPM pag tinapakan mo yung pedal at neutral hindi rin masyado tataas temperature kasi walang load.

Idle lang for maybe 15-20 seconds tapos drive away slowly for the first km or so. Pag mainit na makina after a few minutes pwede na bilisan takbo/taasan RPM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pag start ninyo ng engine then magsuot ng seatbelt turn on A/C pwede na kayo umalis huwag na painit ng makina.

Hinde kayo mga lumang tao para gawin yan. Baka pati yun pa tapat ng gas bago off engine ginagawa din?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Yung cool down bago patayin sa mga turbo cars lang.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Yung cool down bago patayin sa mga turbo cars lang.
    Pero pag Hindd naman hinataw pwede na din hinde basta normal driving lang few kms away from home siguro.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Pero pag Hindd naman hinataw pwede na din hinde basta normal driving lang few kms away from home siguro.

Oo, just take it easy on the last few kms.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006

Kung short drive lang, puwede naman. However, a half minute of idle before turning it off wouldn’t be a big hassle.

Pero kung galing long drive, give it 2 minutes to let the engine idle before turning off.

Better be safe than sorry. It will be a head ache if you break your turbocharger.

Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Oo, just take it easy on the last few kms.
    Di ako puwede humataw sa loob ng subdivision, bro. Hehehe

7. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Forget about it until your next change oil. No need to worry at walang mangyayari sa kotse mo.

Yun nga. Malaking issue sakin un kasi di nila inuupdate customer nila. Walang transparency. Be aware na lang siguro. THis is ValuePlus E. Rod. btw. I should have done my research, I've actually been reading reviews na ibang parts na gamit nila questionable quality. They are not that cheaper than the casa too.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    No worries naman if they used 5w40 as the R18 engine (same as the Civic 1.8L) can use varying viscosities ranging from 0w20 to 10w30. However, they should have told you that 5w40 is the oil they intended to use.

If you want to be sure of the oil that you intend to use, I suggest you buy them on your own. Monitor the engine response with the thicker oil and if you observe that it is not as it was, you can change the oil.

I actually asked them if I could bring my own oil to which they vehemently refused kasi daw "policy". This is from ValuePlus E. Rod. Kaya nagka leche leche. I guess I should have been more vigilant and they should ahve been more transparent.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

9. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    this is a three-year old car.
    i am wondering, what type oil has it been using before?
    does casa have the requisite 0W-20 oil?
    is it possible, the car has already been on a more viscous grade of oil even before?
    I've been using 0W-20 the whole duration of the warranty. Honda has their own 0W-20 oil.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Not all CVTs can handle big amounts of torque (350Nm) at low rpms but Subaru is the only one to offer it for the FXT, WRX, Outback, and Ascent.

Is the 350Nm figure an official figure? Or more of a general concensus? I'm actually planning to have my car tuned but am hesitant because of possible effects to different parts because of increased torque.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast