New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Valharth1031 View Post
    Yun nga. Malaking issue sakin un kasi di nila inuupdate customer nila. Walang transparency. Be aware na lang siguro. THis is ValuePlus E. Rod. btw. I should have done my research, I've actually been reading reviews na ibang parts na gamit nila questionable quality. They are not that cheaper than the casa too.
    Hinde mo dapat binayaran

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    bakit hindi nalang sa honda kasi? i still do oil changes at my dealership for my 15yo honda same cost. no BS you know you'll be getting idemitsu oil which is probably pretty good oil. 15 years on idemitsu, zero engine problems, it's probably OK oil

tldr 1 step up higher viscosity is "OK" but not recommended

3. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Probably because a 30 minute oil change elsewhere takes more than half a day at the casa.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Hinde mo dapat binayaran

Yun lang. Nakapag bayad na ako bago nalaman. Lesson learned.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    bakit hindi nalang sa honda kasi? i still do oil changes at my dealership for my 15yo honda same cost. no BS you know you'll be getting idemitsu oil which is probably pretty good oil. 15 years on idemitsu, zero engine problems, it's probably OK oil

tldr 1 step up higher viscosity is "OK" but not recommended
    I was looking for a cheaper and quicker alternative. Like what the poster above said, half a day sa casa. My previous 2006 Civic was casa maintained for years even after warranty, dami ko bad experience. Ever since, naghahanap na ako iba pag after warranty na. Akala ko sa ValuePlus mas mura lang konti pero akala ko okay un pala hindi. Lesson learned. Saka mas prefer ko na nakikita ko habang ginagawa.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Is the 350Nm figure an official figure? Or more of a general concensus? I'm actually planning to have my car tuned but am hesitant because of possible effects to different parts because of increased torque.
    Yep, official figures based on Subaru manuals. The Subaru high torque CVT is rated up to 400Nm. One of the key things to note that the FA20 engine mated to its high torque CVT tranny is limited to around 300hp/400Nm when tuned. Any higher torque and it will wreak the CVT tranny.

However, that’s more than enough torque when most NA gas cars with displacements 2.0L or less could only do 200Nm or even less. I think the Honda CVT tranny on the Civic RS 1.5T, CRV 1.5T, and Accord 1.5T is only rated up to 260Nm.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    I was looking for a cheaper and quicker alternative. Like what the poster above said, half a day sa casa. My previous 2006 Civic was casa maintained for years even after warranty, dami ko bad experience. Ever since, naghahanap na ako iba pag after warranty na. Akala ko sa ValuePlus mas mura lang konti pero akala ko okay un pala hindi. Lesson learned. Saka mas prefer ko na nakikita ko habang ginagawa.
    True. Sa Honda dati hindi ko alam kung talaga ba napalitan nila yung oil ko. Ayaw magpasilip eh. Next time better bring your own oil and oil filter.

8. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post

If you have a gas engine with CVT, I would wait until the idle RPM goes down to the normal level when warm because that is what most user manuals recommend. Putting it in drive at a higher RPM might affect the CVT's longevity.

Can anybody confirm this also, that the CVT might be affected if you suddenly go high RPM after your first start of the day? How about the ordinary Automatic Transmissions, is this also a no-no? Sorry, sugod na lang kasi ako ng sugod kapag nagdidrive e hehe

9. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Athrunzala View Post
    Can anybody confirm this also, that the CVT might be affected if you suddenly go high RPM after your first start of the day? How about the ordinary Automatic Transmissions, is this also a no-no? Sorry, sugod na lang kasi ako ng sugod kapag nagdidrive e hehe

that's BS CVT isn't directly-coupled to the engine. meron pa yan torque converter or cluctch packs

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    that's BS CVT isn't directly-coupled to the engine. meron pa yan torque converter or cluctch packs
    Well, gee. I guess the manufacturer just put that in the manual for kicks. 🙂

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast