Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    distilled water dapat

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymd View Post
    distilled water dapat
    Yes, para minimum-to-none ang impurities/contaminants.

Na-typo pala ako sa CONCENTRATES. :hammer:

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    yung prestone na pre mixed 4 liters na sya nasa php380 lang sa truevalue, handyman at ace hardware.

kabit and forget kapag coolant ang gamit mo

but of course you still have to check it every morning if the coolant in the reservior is still at an acceptable level

mas mabuti pa rin yung nagiingat

pero sa experience ko di ako nag dagdag in 2 years

never use tap water if your going to use a concentrate

distilled dapat

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by meledson View Post
    Pure water is OK. But in the long run coolants are much better kasi the cooling system will be protected from rust, coolants has higer boiling point than water and they can "carry" more heat to cool the engine.

actually "coolants" decrease the heat carrying capacity of water but they are necessary due to the abovementioned effects

pure water gives better performance

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Choose the type of coolant wisely. Best if you can get OEM coolants (pre-mixed or otherwise) from your respective casas that are suitable for your vehicle model, just to be sure. And never use tap water.

http://www.search-autoparts.com/sear...27/article.pdf

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post
    actually "coolants" decrease the heat carrying capacity of water but they are necessary due to the abovementioned effects

pure water gives better performance
    Really? How come various vehicles (in my experience, and others' too) would overheat sooner with pure water, versus water+coolant?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    ok di naman performance ng water

kaso mas marami kasing benefits ang coolant

may anti-rust at lubricating properties kasi siya at mas mataas ang boiling point so di siya agad mag-evaporate di tulad ng water

protected din ang radiator natin so that it could stay clean and last longer

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    ako i use castrol coolant concentrate and a 500ml anti rush concentrate + wilkins distilled water. and lastly i added up a bottle of Royal Purple Purple Ice coolant additive

I recomend mag pa Lav'ra'mon muna kayo before adding coolants eetc for better performance.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    Really? How come various vehicles (in my experience, and others' too) would overheat sooner with pure water, versus water+coolant?
    I believe that the context of his reply is about the volume of additive vs water. Some people would think that if 50 parts additive and 50 parts water (50-50) is good, why not increase the additive volume to 70-30 so it can be better? This is of course not true. Water has better heat conductivity than the additive but suffers from a lower boiling point and is virtually defenseless against parts corrosion.

That is the reason why concentrated additives must be mixed with water. The water does most of the cooling while the additive extends the water's capabilities to work under extreme conditions.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    If you have a mixed metal engine, e.g. aluminium head and cast iron block use coolant and water in a 50/50 mix. Check your manual as to which particular coolant to use, some car makers specify what type(not brand) to use.

http://www.geocities.com/dtmcbride/h...ntifreeze.html

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Engine coolant: Is water enough?