New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Actually, only the Euro5 compliant ones are DPF-equipped. Dealerships stay mum.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Nope. My former 2009 gen2 santa fe was only euro 2 but it had a dpf. So did my 2010 starex which was only euro 2. My 2012 gen2.5 sorento was euro 3 it also had a dpf. But maybe it was only the korean brands.

Dpf maintenance is just a 1-2 hour 120kph run every month. Every 2 weeks if you're looking for an excuse to go out of the metro. 120kph on your gauge will not get you a speeding ticket even on sctex northbound as most speed gauges read anywhere from 4-10 kph faster.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    Nope. My former 2009 gen2 santa fe was only euro 2 but it had a dpf. So did my 2010 starex which was only euro 2. My 2012 gen2.5 sorento was euro 3 it also had a dpf. But maybe it was only the korean brands.

Dpf maintenance is just a 1-2 hour 120kph run every month. Every 2 weeks if you're looking for an excuse to go out of the metro. 120kph on your gauge will not get you a speeding ticket even on sctex northbound as most speed gauges read anywhere from 4-10 kph faster.
    Eh paano kung 120kph on short runs daily like from Sucat to Nichols/C5? Will it help in DPF maintenance?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015

The Koreans may have needed the time bombs to meet the progressively tightening Euro measures early on. Euro5 limits pushed DPFs to be standard on practically all makes.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Dpf maintenance is just a 1-2 hour 120kph run every month.
    is that supposed to be 120kph continuously, non-stop, for 1 to 2 hours, sir? If continuously, looks very very very iffy in our already congested highways (nlex and slex). Unless probably if you're always at SCTEX, and probably on weekdays where there are less cars on the road.

Looks undoable -- at least for a majority of us regular city commuters who neither have the time nor the inclination to travel far distances on weekdays where highway driving can be less congested than usual.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    this 2.2 Kia Sorento Crdi same engine as my 2007 Santa Fe, cleaning the DPF in UK.

my SF is now 12 years old still running smoothly. sa 12 years bawi na ako but I think I can still keep my SF for 5 more years.

dami nyo drama to diss the diesel cars here in the Phils. parang doomsayer lol

wala, wala na talaga gasoline kahit ano pa sabihen nyo,

pag ang mga UV Express and Old Fortuners and Old Monteros nag luma na, ang gagawin lang ng junk shop bebenta sa mga nag babangka sa mga beach province ang diesel engine tapos yun sasakyan nyo pag nag-island hopping kayo

diesel is king.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    siguro kung meron lang tayo mind reading device para basahin lahat ng tumatakbo sa isipinan ng lahat ng rent or PUV or service drivers as well as mga tatay na lima o siyam ang anak ngaun, yun tipong yun ginawang device ni Riddler sa Batman Forever Movie

lahat sila nangagarap magkarun ng bagong - bago 2020 Toyota Hi-aCe Commuter with nose hihi

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Bro, in which gear and at what RPM do you keep it at 120kph? Nasa low 2000+ RPM lang yung GS at top gear.

For those of us who are far from NLEX ang hirap magsustain ng kahit 100 kph.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    my SF is now 12 years old still running smoothly. sa 12 years bawi na ako but I think I can still keep my SF for 5 more years.
    You sure you have DPF in your ride, sir? I'm assuming you do have DPF in your Sta. Fe, and you're telling us that in the 12 years you've owned it, DPF's still A-ok. No problems whatsoever? That's good to hear.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    For those of us who are far from NLEX ang hirap magsustain ng kahit 100 kph.
    This! I doubt NLEX is any better to do it (sustain 100kph for 1 hour).

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlee View Post
    This! I doubt NLEX is any better to do it (sustain 100kph for 1 hour).
    A sustained speed of 100kmh will get you from Balintawak to the end of NLEX in an hour. You can do much faster in SCTEX towards Subic.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Diesel Particulate Filter Maintenance