New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    120 kph is very doable at slex and nlex basta marunong ka humanap ng butas sa daan. Pero kung lagi ka sa isang lane lang at nakabuntot ka sa mabagal di nga pwede.
    Zigzagging on the highway? At 120kph? Now that is dangerous. Way more dangerous than just straight line speeding. Not recommended for majority of drivers. So I guess DPF's are really not good for regular city commuters, unless you want to spend for toll and waste gas going "nowhere". Sucks, but that's the way it is.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Please try turning OB, kags sir.Diesel Particulate Filter Maintenance

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    Hinde nyo ko ma tu turn kasi I love diesel.

Actually ang sikreto ko ay ang Pajero BK namin, I used to borrow it and it ‘s now 5 years with the same travel time of 20k a day , pero guess what no difference in performance, still runs like new . It has no dpf malamang.

Pero yan Pajero bk namin ang dahilan why I preferred the MUx noon , eh kaya lang nun time na bumile na ako nagustuhan ko bluepower eh may DPF. But still it’s an Isuzu as rugged as the engine of the Pajero BK. pajero, patrol and land cruiser diesel are the best pld schools.

Thats why my next car will be either Monty (maker of Pajero BK) or Fort (improved engine of the Prado) I would get a Prado if i have 4M, pero mas ipapang travel ko na lang yun at pang parlor ng misis Ko,

And even if say nakalusot sakin ang Palisade, hinde na ako natatakot coz Im already familiar with Hyundai crdis.

Ang concern ko lang ngaun eh etong Ranger ko, sa change oil palang maselan na 5W 30 diesel version oil na lagi synthetic, Pero naman the Ford diesel swabsng swabeng ang takbo para ka na naka gasoline.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlee View Post
    Zigzagging on the highway? At 120kph? Now that is dangerous. Way more dangerous than just straight line speeding. Not recommended for majority of drivers. So I guess DPF's are really not good for regular city commuters, unless you want to spend for toll and waste gas going "nowhere". Sucks, but that's the way it is.
    Diesle is not good for lady or homo drivers na walang alam kungdi gumamit ng sasakyan pero gusto makatipid sa fuel para may pambili ng pampaganda nila,

Diesel is not for everybody, it ‘s meant for a select driven few who can tame it .

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    You don't need 120kph to do dpf regen. 60kph tops if enough.

Manufacturers are not stupid as to activate regen at 120kph above. Its above the speed limit of most countries.
    Example, usa, Australia, uk, 110kph limit in highways.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    To revive this thread, there is a schematic diagram of the Euro 4,5 & 6 exhaust pathway of diesel engines in the Voltronic Oil website catalogue (if you care to browse through it). The main difference in Euro 4 vs Euro 5,6 diesels is, the latter 2 have to have their exhaust fumes treated via SCR catalyst (ad blue chemical) while the Euro 4 do not. Both have DPFs. So, E4 diesel engines in the Philippines, to meet E4 emission requirements, will definitely have a dpf. SAs don’t know what a dpf is & don’t use the recommended oil. Actually, it is easy to check if your car is equipped with one. It’s a big metal canister thats connected to the exhaust manifold & it has a sensor & piping (for diesel fluid). The use of low SAPS oil ACEA C2 & C3 or E9 is also recommended since it contains lower residues. Since my crossover reached 25k, I was luckily able to find a dpf cleaner & engine decarbonizer from Voltronic that isn’t too pricey. Luckily, John Cadogan, in his experience with diesels in Australia, hav’nt heard of any dpf issues in Kias & Hyundais, so that is a relief.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2014

7. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    ^
    nabasa ko yung link. Magkakaroon ng mediation. Sakit talaga sa ulo ng desel ang dami keme-keme.

ayan may nagcomment pa. I agree, na bawiin yung binayad and buy a gasoline car.

Tom • 28 minutes ago
    That's why i would never buy Hilux, they dont care. Take your money and refused to fix or help sort the problem. I know 3 people with this issue and toyota didnt care.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    ^
    nabasa ko yung link. Magkakaroon ng mediation. Sakit talaga sa ulo ng desel ang dami keme-keme.

ayan may nagcomment pa. I agree, na bawiin yung binayad and buy a gasoline car.

Tom • 28 minutes ago
    That's why i would never buy Hilux, they dont care. Take your money and refused to fix or help sort the problem. I know 3 people with this issue and toyota didnt care.
    Kasi ang Toyota will sell irregardless of problems kaya lang syempre, may responsibilidad sa buyers dapat ang dealer. Diesels will always have a market. Kailangan lang talaga piliin ng buyer paano nya gagamitin yung diesel car. Kung panay city driving, mabilis talaga mag clog yung filter. Di lang dito yan, even in the UK & Europe.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2014

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Diesel Particulate Filter Maintenance