New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    For the past 2 months I noticed na pahina ng pahina ang hatak ng Corolla GLi ko lalo na pg nka on ang aircon ...

Last two days, bigla na lang nawawalan ng pressure ang clutch pedal at hindi kumakagat ang gear ... Pinagawa ko kanina sa mekaniko at ang diagnosis ay may gasgas na sa loob ng master cylinder kaya hindi maka sustain ang pressure at nagiging soft ang clutch pedal ..

Pinalitan ng replacement master cylinder .. at habang ginagawa, binuksan ko airbox at tinanggal ang air filter at grabe talaga ang na accumulate na dumi kaya pinalitan ko na rin ng replacement ..

Kanina habang ginagamit ko yung kotse, malakas na ang hatak at nawala na ang jerking sa 1st at 2nd gear .. kahit naka on yung aircon at full load, madali nang mag accelerate ..

Ano kaya ang nag cause ng mahinang hatak at jerking while on 1st & 2nd gear ?? yung busted clutch master cylinder or air filter ????

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Probably air filter. Hahaha. Those things need cleaning monthly.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezaremos View Post
    For the past 2 months I noticed na pahina ng pahina ang hatak ng Corolla GLi ko lalo na pg nka on ang aircon ...

Last two days, bigla na lang nawawalan ng pressure ang clutch pedal at hindi kumakagat ang gear ... Pinagawa ko kanina sa mekaniko at ang diagnosis ay may gasgas na sa loob ng master cylinder kaya hindi maka sustain ang pressure at nagiging soft ang clutch pedal ..

Pinalitan ng replacement master cylinder .. at habang ginagawa, binuksan ko airbox at tinanggal ang air filter at grabe talaga ang na accumulate na dumi kaya pinalitan ko na rin ng replacement ..

Kanina habang ginagamit ko yung kotse, malakas na ang hatak at nawala na ang jerking sa 1st at 2nd gear .. kahit naka on yung aircon at full load, madali nang mag accelerate ..

Ano kaya ang nag cause ng mahinang hatak at jerking while on 1st & 2nd gear ?? yung busted clutch master cylinder or air filter ????
    i think all that air filter gunk was preventing air (oxygen) from getting into the cylinders.. you have fuel, but without oxygen, you can't burn the fuel for power.
    and if i may comment... when was the last time you checked that filter, sir!

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    My bet is air filter. Dapat linisin yan weekly para di maipon dumi.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ;2703335
    My bet is air filter. Dapat linisin yan weekly para di maipon dumi.
    i check mine every 5000 km (at least 6 months, mebbe even 10 months), and it never reached the point of asphyxiating the engine. and it's easy to clean.
    Last edited by dr. d; March 5th, 2016 at 11:54 PM.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i think all that air filter gunk was preventing air (oxygen) from getting into the cylinders.. you have fuel, but without oxygen, you can't burn the fuel for power.
    and if i may comment... when was the last time you checked that filter, sir!
    I bought this car last year as 2nd hand, and it was really a good buy because the previous owner was an old Chinese businessman who loves cars and have lots of cars .. he said he only bought this corolla GLi because at that time this was the best car to own during the 90's ... All he did was proper maintenance and use the car from time to time aside from this other cars ..

When I bought it from him last year, I never bother to check the air filter because the engine sound was superb and the car was running smooth at powerful ..

It was just now that I check the air filter and its really full of dirt .. aside from that, I think the previous owner just cleaned the filter but never replace it .. Because I think it was still the original Denso Air Filter ..

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezaremos View Post
    I bought this car last year as 2nd hand, and it was really a good buy because the previous owner was an old Chinese businessman who loves cars and have lots of cars .. he said he only bought this corolla GLi because at that time this was the best car to own during the 90's ... All he did was proper maintenance and use the car from time to time aside from this other cars ..

When I bought it from him last year, I never bother to check the air filter because the engine sound was superb and the car was running smooth at powerful ..

It was just now that I check the air filter and its really full of dirt .. aside from that, I think the previous owner just cleaned the filter but never replace it .. Because I think it was still the original Denso Air Filter ..
    oh well... it's just an air filter.. easy to replace..
    so, is the rest of the car as good as it promised to be?

pssst... baka may iba pa siyang... PM me...

8. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i check mine every 5000 km (at least 6 months, mebbe even 10 months), and it never reached the point of asphyxiating the engine. and it's easy to clean.
    for me, i really don't clean the filter. pinipitik pitik ko lang yung metal casing ng filter para matanggal yung coarse materials. vinavacuum ko lang yung loob ng air filter box assembly. hindi ko binubugahan ng hangin yung mismong air filter. kasi sa aking opinyon (at sa nabasa ko rin sa isang diesel motoring mag), nagiging kasama na rin as filtering material yung dumi na kumakapit sa mismong air filter. thus mas nagiging pino ang filtering habang ito'y nagagamit.

btw, ayokong magstart ng debate rito ha..hehe

what i mean is palit at the recommended (oem) interval.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    2x a month I check/clean the engine air filter. I keep the OEM filter pero nilagyan ko ng filter mat layer. Filter mat lang ang pinapalitan ko ng pre-cleaned spare.

Sent from my Lenovo A7000-a using Tsikot Forums mobile app

10. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Anyone tried an AEM dryflow filter?

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast