New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by beni23 View Post
    Bakit kaya yung mga jeep hindi nagkakaganian? Hindi nga ata sila nagchechange oil sa buong buhay nila eh.
    Sa dami kasi ng tulo at sa luwang ng cylinders parang araw-araw na rin sila nag change oil :hysterical:

2. Join Date
    May 2008
    I think around Php 600 ang cleaning of oil pan and oil strainer but not sure since it was packaged with the oil change and head gasket replacement. Shop is Turbo Cafe at Fairview. You could probably find some shops with cheaper charges. I just made sure about the shop since it involved opening the engine itself. Mine is around 130K + mileage.

Could anyone tell me where the PCV valve is located? Baka clogged na din due to neglect . TIA

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Bakit kaya yung mga jeep hindi nagkakaganian? Hindi nga ata sila nagchechange oil sa buong buhay nila eh.
    puro blow-by na sir, nasunog na yung langis bago pa may chance mag build up ng sludge. hehe.

4. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    Sa dami kasi ng tulo at sa luwang ng cylinders parang araw-araw na rin sila nag change oil :hysterical:
    rofl nice!

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by regaia View Post
    I think around Php 600 ang cleaning of oil pan and oil strainer but not sure since it was packaged with the oil change and head gasket replacement. Shop is Turbo Cafe at Fairview. You could probably find some shops with cheaper charges. I just made sure about the shop since it involved opening the engine itself. Mine is around 130K + mileage.

Could anyone tell me where the PCV valve is located? Baka clogged na din due to neglect . TIA
    klaruhin ko lang po sir, base sa sludge na nakita, pinalinis mo lang ang oil pan/filter, tapos palit ng gasket, tapos OK na po ulit? Di po na overhaul?

6. Join Date
    May 2008
    scheduled ako for change of gasket sir dahil may oil leak ang engine sir. Tapos nung pagbukas sir, nakita na puro sludge na so pina linis ko na din yung oil pan. Buti na lang hindi pa na sira ang engine because of sludge. Ngayon, naka top 1 sdo ako for hi detergency. Hopefully, masave pa yung engine .

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    scheduled ako for change of gasket sir dahil may oil leak ang engine sir. Tapos nung pagbukas sir, nakita na puro sludge na so pina linis ko na din yung oil pan. Buti na lang hindi pa na sira ang engine because of sludge. Ngayon, naka top 1 sdo ako for hi detergency. Hopefully, masave pa yung engine .
    Did you, after discovering this, asked your dad what was his pm practice? We acquired a 4 year old lite ace back in 1998 and I used and maintained it for 9 years. At more than 200k km odo, i had it top overhauled prior to selling it in 2007. There was no sludging with my religious practice of 5k km pm using only mineral oil.

8. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by timo07 View Post
    Did you, after discovering this, asked your dad what was his pm practice? We acquired a 4 year old lite ace back in 1998 and I used and maintained it for 9 years. At more than 200k km odo, i had it top overhauled prior to selling it in 2007. There was no sludging with my religious practice of 5k km pm using only mineral oil.
    Unfortunately no, baka magaway pa pag nalaman niya na may problema especially since he knows that its his fault. So I'm more concerned sa remedio na lang . I'll probably be asking the shop to examine the PCV Valve baka puno na din ng sludge I'll post a picture kung ano itsura haha

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Unfortunately no, baka magaway pa pag nalaman niya na may problema especially since he knows that its his fault. So I'm more concerned sa remedio na lang . I'll probably be asking the shop to examine the PCV Valve baka puno na din ng sludge I'll post a picture kung ano itsura haha
    Yeah, parents are always right even if they are wrong. He he. Goodluck on your fix.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    you might be wrong with that. ang mga jeep owners, conscious sa OCI. dahil sa mahal ng parts ng diesel engine. every 30 days ang change oil nyan at delo multigrade ang kadalasang gamit. dapat kondisyon palagi ang pampasadanag sasakyan.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Attack of the Sludge (Viewer Discretion Advised)