New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    naku, parang balik na to 5K OCI ah. akala ko ba pwede 10K basta maganda ang oil filter mo at ung oil?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    wag nalang magextend to be safe IMO.
    kesa mag hit or miss pag ginawa nyo pa yung mga paexte-extend oil change na sinasabi ng iba dito sa tsikot,
    gamble padin yan kasi hindi mo naman nakikita kung ano talaga laman ng engine hanggang hindi mo binubuksan.
    (see pictures above)

its your car, you know better.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Tanong lang po TS, ano mileage na po ng VIOS nyo? Magkano po nagastos mo at san shop mo pinagawa? Duda na rin ako sa altis ko, di ko kasi alam kung pano mag maintain ang 1st owner nito. Magkasing edad pa naman ng VIOS mo.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    the most common causes of heavy sludging and varnishing are:
    like t2erns said, clogged pcv valve
    extended oil change interval
    too cold of an engine from short trips
    thermostat removed or stuck open
    poor oil quality
    blowby gases from worn out rings (not likely cause of this particular car)
    overcooling from constantly on radiator fan

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    On some engines, you can safely exchange oil change intervals by using synthetic oil.

But that's only if the engine is designed to take advantage of it. Synthetic oils are NOT meant to extend oil change intervals for motors not built for extended intervals, as so:

Can you go longer between oil changes if you use a synthetic blend or full synthetic motor oil?
    Synthetic or synthetic blended oils are not intended to extend oil change intervals. These oils are recommended for use in harder working engines and to assist with gas mileage, not to extend service intervals beyond what the manufacturer recommends.
    Valvoline.com > FAQs > Motor Oil Car FAQs > Full-Synthetic Motor Oil

For most engines, the change interval is programmed based on how long it takes not only for the oil to degrade, but for contaminants to accumulate in the oil. Sitting in traffic speeds up the build up of contaminants and the shearing of the oil itself. If you drive in Manila all he time, stick to the "severe use" service interval, 5,000 kms. If you drive outside the city all the time, with mostly highway cruising, you can extend the interva by using synthetic oil.

Either way, you have to keep checking the condition of the oil. Don't rely on the oil lasting the whole 5k... especially if the car is old or stressed (hot traffic).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Hi Niky,

For those who go around the city most of the time, mas ok ba na gumamit ako ng Fully Synthetic oil than Mineral Oil ? On my next OCI kasi I was planning to use FS na.

I rarely go OOT. Siguro sa 5000Kms duration, mga three or four times max na. Although whenever given the chance, I kind of give the engine an exercise to remove carbon.

Thanks!

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Natakot naman ako dito. Every 10k kms ang pachange oil ko eh.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Hi Niky,

For those who go around the city most of the time, mas ok ba na gumamit ako ng Fully Synthetic oil than Mineral Oil ? On my next OCI kasi I was planning to use FS na.

I rarely go OOT. Siguro sa 5000Kms duration, mga three or four times max na. Although whenever given the chance, I kind of give the engine an exercise to remove carbon.

Thanks!
    Don't think it's necessary, but it helps with smooth running and economy, so if you can afford it... why not? ;)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Moral of the story Mas mura mag change oil every 5,000 km along with the oil filter kaysa abutin ka ng ganyan

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jodski View Post
    Moral of the story Mas mura mag change oil every 5,000 km along with the oil filter kaysa abutin ka ng ganyan
    Bakit kaya yung mga jeep hindi nagkakaganian? Hindi nga ata sila nagchechange oil sa buong buhay nila eh.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Attack of the Sludge (Viewer Discretion Advised)