New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    thanks sa TS for sharing. i have an old 2004 1.3 Vios too, malamang ganyan na rin ang karga ng oil pan ....pabuksan ko nga rin paguwi ko next month

2. Join Date
    May 2008
    Thanks for the reply guys. Forgot to mention that I installed a magnetic drain plug. Natawa nga yung may ari ng shop yung nakita yung sludge, sabi “pamagnetice drain plug ka pa ha!” I don’t know what oil my dad used since I was staying at the dorm back then. But knowing him, it might be the cheapest oils that he could purchase, so no GT Oil lol. He is one of those that thinks “antayin na lang masira yung sasakyan para isang gawaan na lang” his repairs are always expensive… ako pa nasisi due to last touch principle .

Other than the varnishing that could be seen when you open the oil cap there was no sign that the engine had sludge. Walang buo buo na lumalabas every Oil change. Nung pagtanggal nga ng oil pan, the mechanic got a screw driver and rubbed it against the sludge, ayaw matanggal parang sebo. They had to use kerosene to remove the sludge. Good thing that they had previous experience in sludge dahil may Altis na nasira ang makina due to sludging. I never thought the sludge was much worse in the inside, masyado deceiving. Napabili ako ng di oras ng oil with hi detergency nung nakita ko yung sludge. Right now, I placed TOP 1 SDO in the engine (I’m running catless so I don’t think may problem. If there is PM me immediately lol). The engine now feels as though it has better lubrication (ang hirap idescribe, it feels smooth). I’ll ask if they still have the oil filter, forgot to open it masyado ako concerned sa sludge, kakatakot.

*t2erns, san located ang PCV valve sir? I’ll have it checked.

*Monty_GTV, sir don’t forget to have the oil strainer cleaned as well it’s the 3rd picture from the top yung bilog na may butas. Punong puno yung sa akin sabi nila the engine would probably have a few months left since the oil that was being circulated was already too little.

Pics of the mechanic rubbing the oil pan with screwdriver to remove sludge (but failed)

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    dont do extended OCI na. change oil every 5k km nalang to be sure.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    dont do extended OCI na. change oil every 5k km nalang to be sure.
    Mag hoard na rin tayo ng Zic A?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Mag hoard na rin tayo ng Zic A?
    hahaha! malapit na. btw, how many bt223 papabili mo? might drop by volmax this sat. text me nalang.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    hahaha! malapit na. btw, how many bt223 papabili mo? might drop by volmax this sat. text me nalang.
    Babalik ka pa naman siguro dun, CB? 7T palang naman mileage ko.

Pag nasa 10T nalang ako papabili.

Sent from my 3210 using Tapatalk HD Premium

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Babalik ka pa naman siguro dun, CB? 7T palang naman mileage ko.

Pag nasa 10T nalang ako papabili.

renzo, hindi ko pa alam when na next balik ko hehe busy kasi lately thats why no time to drop by binondo. if you want, i'll buy you 1 na din then stock mo nalang muna.

btt: TS, sana hindi pa naitapon yung filter mo. so that we could see kung gano kadami yung sludge sa filter.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Saka nalang kapag malapit na ko mag-10T Kms, CB.

Matagal umakyat milyahe ko. Di ko naman masyado ginagamit. Hehe.

Thanks pala.

EDIT::

So advisable ba na maski FS ang gamit, palit pa rin every 5T Kms para hinde magsludge? Sobra sensitive ng makina ng Altis at Vios sa ganto e.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    May storage fee daw yung filter mo renzo

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    i think dvldoc discussed before na 1 sa reason ng sludge is poor quality ng filtration and extended OCI.

personally kahit na baldwin na gamit ko, i still practice 5k km OCI sa vios and innova namin.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Attack of the Sludge (Viewer Discretion Advised)