New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    royal purple ba full synthetic? entry level niya?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    not all oils labeled as fully synthetic are real synthetics.

castrol RS is definitely not.

Motul is for the higher 8100 and 300V lines but i'm not sure if the h100 is from a group 3 or group 4 base stock. it's still synthetic but it is the entry level of motul.

royal purple is made from a group 4 base stock so basically the highest in the market except for the group 5 which can only be found in ester based oils like redline and 300v.

i doubt any other locally available oil can match the base stock and additive package of royal purple for the same price.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix View Post
    not all oils labeled as fully synthetic are real synthetics.

castrol RS is definitely not.

Motul is for the higher 8100 and 300V lines but i'm not sure if the h100 is from a group 3 or group 4 base stock. it's still synthetic but it is the entry level of motul.

royal purple is made from a group 4 base stock so basically the highest in the market except for the group 5 which can only be found in ester based oils like redline and 300v.

i doubt any other locally available oil can match the base stock and additive package of royal purple for the same price.
    thats why nagpalit ako, good performance at more cheaper kaysa sa iba

4. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Are there any stock vehicles na available sa market natin na 'required' ng manufacturer ang full synthetic oil? para kasing 'recommended' lang naman, di ba.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Many high performance vehicles and engines require synthetic, as well as some regular cars that have long change intervals.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix View Post

it's good to know that RP is of a high quality oil..

migs, anong magandang viscosity sa RP for a diesel? mitsubishi adventure to be exact...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    IMO kaya synthetic or fully synthetic ang required ng almost car manufacturer sa ngayon ay dahil mahaba ang warranty na 3yrs or 100K kms… sila rin kasi ang mapeperwisyo if engine breakdown arises within that period….. sa synthetic nga naman assured na ang protection ng engine, dagdag income pa dahil sagot naman ng owner ang oil to be use eh.

Marketing is great.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    washburn, yep tama ka dyan.

DonT, all porsches, mercedes, bmw's and audis require full syn oil. same goes with the even higher brands like ferrari and lambo.

shadow, we've got the 15w40 diesel oil na RP in the shop. perfect yun

9. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    ^ Thanks for the info. How about Diesel Engines..when would you recommend to start using synthetic oils? I have read somewhere that diesel engines tend to break in a lot longer compared to gasoline engines. Maybe you can shed more light on this.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    start using the full syn on diesel oils around 10-15k kms na

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
another engine oil question....