New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 12 of 76 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li1PL6EpFF8]Saab Automotive 101: How to Jump-Start Your Car - YouTube[/ame]

2. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Maam c4u when using jumper cable... stay mo muna ng 5-10mins... before starting.. para magka charge din ng kunti yung dead battery mo...

then start....

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Ayan na, nagsalita na ang master ng jumper cables....

Tumpak....

Also, if I may add, safety reason din para maiwasan ang fumes coming from the battery kung direct terminal to terminal connection.....

Pagtanggal,- reverse lang ng procedure...

19.4K:tomato:
    I literally LOLd on this :rofl:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Is it advisable to jumpstart a car with the jumper cable on the good battery (negative terminal) connected to the ground of the other car instead of connecting it to the negative terminal of the dead battery directly?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    Is it advisable to jumpstart a car with the jumper cable on the good battery (negative terminal) connected to the ground of the other car instead of connecting it to the negative terminal of the dead battery directly?
    if you really think about it, you try to reduce the risk of a spark around a weak battery that has potential of gassing (hydrogen gas leaving the vents of the battery). the result is a battery sized hydrogen bomb. i personally connect the negative clamp of the dead car on the engine block before making the last connection to the negative terminal of the good car's battery (less than likely emitting hydrogen gas). some cars, the battery is in the trunk (bmw) some are inside the passenger compartment (cadillac allante, chevrolet corvette) and the jumper terminals are in the engine compartment. this makes the likelihood of the cable spark away from the battery. in military vehicles, the jumper system (called slave cables) are installed on the side or the front of the equipment that has idiot proof connections so even in pitch darkness (tactical conditions) you don't misconnect the cables
    Last edited by jick.cejoco; June 11th, 2013 at 09:46 AM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i just connect the jumper cables to both batteries. we have done it often enough for decades now..i think the flow of air from the fan prevents hydrogen from accumulating.. we also do not rev the engine hard.. para lang nag-start nang ordinary.. start and idle, or maybe a little pedalwork for a few seconds.. then straight to the battery store for replacement.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    it is not a myth that hydrogen gas comes out of the battery vents if you are charging a battery. similar to charging, jump starting a vehicle, the weak battery produces hydrogen gas. there is always that risk. that is why the battery top warns you not to smoke, have an open flame and avoid sparks when connecting or disconnecting a battery. i once had a co worker in a construction company who was charging about thirty 7D batteries for heavy equipment who was a smoker. he would check batteries charging with a lit cigarette between his fingers. i told him about the risk. and he would brag that he had been doing this for decades. one lucky day, two batteries being charged exploded because of his lit up cigarette. he was lucky enough only two batteries exploded. he came running out of the shop screaming in pain from the cuts he sustained from the battery casings and the acid on his face. accidents are avoidable specially if you the risks. experience has it, batteries do explode when they are gassing and there is a source of ignition or spark. that co worker has since passed away, rest his soul but the lesson i learned from his indifferent mistake lives on

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...mg.rITlQ07mfzs
    Last edited by jick.cejoco; June 12th, 2013 at 11:24 AM.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    it is not a myth that hydrogen gas comes out of the battery vents if you are charging a battery. similar to charging, jump starting a vehicle, the weak battery produces hydrogen gas. there is always that risk. that is why the battery top warns you not to smoke, have an open flame and avoid sparks when connecting or disconnecting a battery. i once had a co worker in a construction company who was charging about thirty 7D batteries for heavy equipment who was a smoker. he would check batteries charging with a lit cigarette between his fingers. i told him about the risk. and he would brag that he had been doing this for decades. one lucky day, two batteries being charged exploded because of his lit up cigarette. he was lucky enough only two batteries exploded. he came running out of the shop screaming in pain from the cuts he sustained from the battery casings and the acid on his face. accidents are avoidable specially if you the risks. experience has it, batteries do explode when they are gassing and there is a source of ignition or spark. that co worker has since passed away, rest his soul but the lesson i learned from his indifferent mistake lives on

battery explosion injuries - Google Search
    sir tanong lang po..

it means ba kahit alternator charging lang can cause this?

hindi po ba constantly nag charge ang battery natin when the car is running?

paano nalang po yung ibang sasakyan na nasa loob ng sasakyan ang battery?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    it's one thing to be careful and it's another thing to be OA

sa sobra dami mo iniisip that can go wrong halos hindi ka na kikilos

para safe ka pwede ka mag suot ng hazmat suit... just to jumper-cable a tiny 1sm battery to another tiny 1sm battery

10. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Ano na ang nangyari, nasa theory ng jumper cable parin ba?