New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 76 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    bring the car to a battery shop

they'll use a hydrometer to check the electrolyte. they'll tell you kung sira na ang battery

they can also determine kung di kumakarga ang alternator

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I can bring the battery but I can't bring the car. Wala akong jumper cable (naalala ko si lsb ) Pwede ko rin i push start worst case scenario...

If this ends up costing a lot of money,I am sure my Mom will make me sumbat that I should have sold the car a long time ago. Worse she might force me to replace it now with a Vios

Nakakatakot kasi yung umaandar na yung mga indicator naka red pa rin Araw araw naman pinapa andar
    Last edited by _Cathy_; June 4th, 2013 at 02:45 PM.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    If this ends up costing a lot of money,I am sure my Mom will make me sumbat that I should have sold the car a long time ago. Worse she might force me to replace it now with a Vios

Nakakatakot kasi yung umaandar na yung mga indicator naka red pa rin Araw araw naman pinapa andar
    If it is the idiot lamp,- then the alternator is not charging the battery (it is basically an ammeter)....

The trouble with a battery is that it appears to be charging, and yet, not retaining the charge....

Sis,- there are some nice battery monitors that you can buy from Concorde,- you can just plug it in your cigarette lighter port and it will tell you the voltage across your battery more or less through LED... I'll post a couple of pics... Cost is about P350

There is a digital variant,- cost is about P995 (seen some at True Value ATC)....

I have one actually in my car,- i.e, if you are near Taguig (mahirap side)....

In conjunction with your ammeter(idiot lamp)- perfect monitor of your battery and alternator.

19.4K:tomato:

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    don't let auto shops/mechanics mystify you with mumbo jumbo and fancy equipment

they do that to make you think fixing your car is complicated so they can charge you more

5. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    battery and alternator lang yan

di naman kailangan ng maraming kaartehan

kung ang na-Ondoy nga na EFI na sasakyan napapatakbo uli di kailangan ng repair manual

kasimpleng battery at alternator pa
    Amen.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

This is the digital variant... Normally, when you are running the car with aircon and headlights, it should read 13V+ and you should have a healthy and robust setup

This is more or less the LED variant. Locally, a variant has 4 green LEDs and 1 red LED... If one green LED is on, your voltage is at least 10.5V
    two green LEDs : at least 11.5V
    three green LEDs : at least 12.5V
    four green LEDs : at least 13.5V

You figure.

Another variant is a combination of red and green and yellow LEDs with various voltage equivalents.

All can be plugged in to your lighter interface. All our rides have one of these 3 variants.

Again,- in conjunction with your ammeter (idiot lamp monitor for battery charging),- you have an effective monitor for your battery and alternator... voltage + current,- they should correlate....
    19.4K:tomato:
    Last edited by CVT; June 4th, 2013 at 03:00 PM.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    I can bring the battery but I can't bring the car. Wala akong jumper cable (naalala ko si lsb ) Pwede ko rin i push start worst case scenario...

use your Altis' battery to start the car

put the old car's battery in the trunk and drive to the battery shop

mahirap ba yan?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    don't let auto shops/mechanics mystify you with mumbo jumbo and fancy equipment

they do that to make you think fixing your car is complicated so they can charge you more
    My suking electrician only uses a wire with tiny bulb on the other end.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    *CVT I can't see the picture

Yung may parang gripo na icon naka light din. Basta lahat ng icon ata naka red pag naka andar. That was until yesterday nung umaandar pa.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ClaNker View Post
    My suking electrician only uses a wire with tiny bulb on the other end.
    yep same with our electrician

mababa maningil. ang dami customer

Page 4 of 76 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast