New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Supierreman, city type z po yung car ko.

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    tanong ko lang po, pano pagcarb yung engine saan ikakabit yung grounding kit? kasi dun sa prev page nakakabit sya sa intake manifold kaso carb yung engine ko. maraming salamat

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Actually, this was something I am considering for a long time already. Although my dilemma is not whether if it works but to go with a branded one or not.

Here's the manufacturer's website and some installation and testing notes from importtuner.

http://www.sunautomobile.com/
    http://www.importtuner.com/tech/0308...lon/index.html

Anyone knows where to get red ones?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    *Supierreman

saan located yung JB autodetailing?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by comecum
    *Supierreman

saan located yung JB autodetailing?
    http://www.hondaclub.com.ph/forums/i...opic=8507&st=0
    quote ko na lang yugn nasa post sa HCP thread (di kase maaccess pag guest user):

http://www.pbase.com/jasondok/grounding_wire_kit

JB auto detailing
    41 Examiner st., West Triangle Q.C.
    0917-8133000

... it is located along Examiner Street. If you came from EDSA, its the 1st intersection of Quezon Avenue. The shop is sharing space with JP Auto Detailing, its at your right (if you come from Quezon Ave.), you'll know its the place since it would be the 1st carwash you'll see.

HTH

Kenz,
    ah Honda din pala.. dun sa Throttle body kakabit yun (end nung intake tube sa pic yung may yellow part).
    http://www.pbase.com/totenkopf/image/14430228

eto quoted from the grounding wire kit thread at HCP:
    http://www.hondaclub.com.ph/forums/i...opic=5996&st=0

After cooling the engine bay for a short while, Jason brought out the Grounding Kit set and I began to inspect it.

The wires themselves seemed to be of good quality. The terminals were cleanly finished so it wouldn’t come loose after some time. The mounting hardware of my kit is different from the set he had before. The kit included the following: A new terminal that fits on the negative pole of the battery, a set of interconnected wires, a splitter-type of terminal to connect the wire set with the main cable from the negative pole and tie-straps to organize the wires later on.

The installation process was simple and can be done by your self. So from the negative pole, a cable ran to the splitter and the other cables were bolted on from this terminal into the following:

1. Alternator
    2. Cylinder head
    3. Throttle Body
    4. Transmission
    5. Chassis
    6. Distributor

Take note that the OEM connection of the negative pole of the battery is only with the chassis. Everything else electrical connects to the car’s body in various bolting points around the chassis.

I asked Jason to explain to me why these were the chosen connections since the wiring kit is of a generic design and wasn’t really made for a particular brand like Honda. The alternator was grounded to improve its function to charge the system and since it helps in providing electrical power to the rest of the car’s components, he deemed it best to improve the electrical connection to this particular component. Sound idea.

Cylinder head. He told me it would help in the sparkplug’s function to produce the optimum spark that ignites the combustion process. The sparkplug is screwed on to the cylinder head and the cylinder head is connected to the chassis by a thin OEM groundwire. The sparkplug cable is the positive connection.

Throttle body. Now this got me thinking. I asked him why there? He told me that there were sensors located on the throttle body assembly. These sensors are essential for the ECU to run the engine smoothly. And since these sensors require electricity to function, a more direct ground connection would help improve the electrical connection of these components. There’s a grain of truth here I suppose. Remember my directly grounded amplifier?

Transmission. As far as I recall, the transmission is grounded to the chassis with a wire, much like the alternator. Following the same logic as my amp, it would therefore make sense to ground the sensors on my CRV’s automatic tranny. Again to improve the flow of electricity in these components which sends the signal to the ECU as to when and when not to shift.

Chassis. Well this is self explanatory. Over time, the OEM ground wire that connects the negative pole of the battery to the chassis, corrodes and the ground connection deteriorates with it. With these new cables included in the Grounding Kit, the idea was to restore and maybe even improve the ground connection of the main electrical components. So another cable to the chassis was definitely necessary as well, just to complete the whole deal based on the logic of the product.

Distributor. Again, as in previous examples, the distributor houses various sensors that relay information to the ECU in order for it to run the engine efficiently.

Note also that while these cables were being connected, it was the aesthetic consideration that took up most of the time of the install. Jason and his installer made sure that the wires could be tucked away in a non-obtrusive manner. They basically wanted it to look clean. And that was a comfortable thought for me.

Last edited by Supierreman; October 28th, 2004 at 01:47 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I had mine installed last night c/o Jason. Thanks to Supierrman's post, I decided to check it out. Installation took less than an hour. Here's what I observed:

1. I used to have dim instrument panel lights. Mas maliwanag na ngayon
    2. Everytime I use my turn signal or hazard lights, my dome light would flicker as well as the backlight of my quartz clock. Ngayon very minimal nalang
    3. More lively ang takbo ng engine ko ngayon. Feels lighter.
    4. One of the major problems of the Vitara is the slow rear power windows. Solved.

P1000 ang binayad ko. So far, its the best upgrade I've done to my car in terms of bang per buck.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    got the wires! #4awg, color white. now all i need to do is go home for a vacation and may diy na naman ako hehehe!

8. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Parang gusto ko ring gawin to pero yung cheapo version lang. Bibili na lang ako sa hardware ng wires at spade/ring connectors at screws (if needed).

Sa tingin ninyo may advantage ba yung mga branded? E.g. mas magandang wire ang gamit nila therefore better conductors?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what's the difference between a piece of wire made by another guy and your own obra maestra? baka mas maganda pa gawa mo kasi labor of love hehehe! one piece of 99.99% copper wire is as good as any other 99.99% copper wire.

basta yung fine stranded lang ang gamitin mo pards. yung coarse stranded e baka maputol at syempre nag-vibrate ang engine.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Hehe baka kasi ginto kaya mahal yung grounding kit.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
grounding kit