New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by altec View Post
    eto ang results sa readings na pinagawa ko, bumaba hanggang 12.5v then nag hold doon. This was on a steady idling rpm of 650. Kasi pag nag switch on ang aircon compressor, the idling rpm goes up to 800-850, and the voltage readings goes up to 13. Pag nag rev, tsaka pa lang aakyat to 13.5 or so. I will take this up with my suki repair shop on monday.
    sir,any update po sa alt niyo? ganito din kasi prob ng oto ko ngayon,kahit nagpalit na ko ng surplus na alternator

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    kung ganon pa din eh sira pa din yan pinalit mo... or possible may problema yung wire mo from the alternator to battery...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Eto po ang update.

I authorized the non casa shop to open up the alternator to see which part could be the problem. Bahala na kung ma void ang warranty. The owner called me to report that based on their testing, all parts: diode, ic, stator, rotor, were all functioning. He theorized na baka mahina na yung alternator, may karga pero mahina na. Sana may mahiram na montero para ma verify with that other montero's alternator. Or to buy a new alternator. I asked, e paano kung sa bagong alternator, ganun pa rin? Can we return the alternator? Hindi siya sure, so he has to ask the supplier. After 30 minutes, I called him up again and said, I am on the way to his shop with my strada. Although the casa told me iba daw ang parts number ng strada alternator with the montero alternator, I had my doubts kasi exactly the same engine yung strada at montero, the 2.5 non vgt. Nung sinilip yung dalawang alternator, susmaryosep, exactly the same part number and specs. So I told the shop to remove my strada's alternator and swap test.

Nung binalikan ko ang shop sa hapon kanina, yung nagawa pa lang nila nakabit nila ang montero alternator to my strada, theorizing that if mahina na ang montero alternator, dapat bababa rin ang reading sa strada. Of course, before they removed the Strada's alternator, they verified the voltage readings on the strada in its original setup and the readings came out normal, 14v thereabouts.

Eto ngayon kami nalito. When the strada engine was switched on with the montero alternator installed on the strada, the reading came out to 14.1-14.2! This is with all accessories loaded except the aircon compressor to keep the idling at 600rpm. Nakaandar siya ng 30 minutes and the voltage reading remained the same! I even blew the horn (naka 2 sets Hella supertones ako, plus the original horn), bumaba ng .2-.3volts but after stopping the horn, balik agad siya sa 14v. So it's not the Montero alternator that was the problem!

We were not able to install the Strada's alternator into the montero kasi nag 5pm na. They will try it on the montero tomorrow. Dapat bababa pa rin ang voltage. Then they have to trace the wirings. Either the grounding is still loose or dirty (check na rin daw ito ng casa), or the live wire from the alternator may be the problem.

I called up my accessory shop suki and my friend who is the manager of a surplus truck imports, both said to check also the ecu through the casa's computer. That will have to wait as the montero is in an outside shop.

Until tomorrow's update.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Try mu patutukan ng live wire yung live battery post ng alternator kung mag babago..meron kse kme experiences na ilang beses na napalitan ng alternator yun pala ang problem is yung original line cable ng livewire..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by akosijepoii View Post
    Try mu patutukan ng live wire yung live battery post ng alternator kung mag babago..meron kse kme experiences na ilang beses na napalitan ng alternator yun pala ang problem is yung original line cable ng livewire..
    sir, ok po ba kung mag bago ako ng live wire from + alternator to + battery? ano kaya recommended na guage ng wire?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by j_dipad View Post
    sir, ok po ba kung mag bago ako ng live wire from + alternator to + battery? ano kaya recommended na guage ng wire?
    ^yun na nga sinabi ko oh... yung main wire from alternator... check mo din yung sa may fuse nyan alternator baka kailangan mo linisin yung contact.. take note to remove the connection then clean! hindi yung hihigpitan lang

7. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by j_dipad View Post
    same ng guage ng wire ng nakakbit sa live battery post ng alternator mu..based sa experience namen sa electrical meron kme gnawang strada 4m41 engine din sya same ng problem ng t.s..after namen kalasin wala kme nakita problem after namen test sa labas or buksan yung alt so binalik namen yung alt kse wala kme makita trouble sa alternator..so nung pinaandar na engine ganun pa din charging nya 12.1 to 12.3 so gnawa namen tinutukan namen ng live wire yung battery livewire post ng alternator then umakyat sya sa 13.5 to 14 so yun yung trouble gnawa namen nag add on kme ng battery live wire sa battery post ng alternator =) khit nka load aircon headlight 13.5 to 13.8 charging nya =)

8. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    sir yapoy86 and sir jeff thanks sir sa mga advise. try ko bukas na padagdagan ng wire bukas. may nakausap na din akong electrician. update nalang ako as soon as magawa na.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Update.

Yung outside shop installed the strada's alternator to the montero. And true enough, bumaba rin ang voltage. The shop also installed a separate wire to bypass the wirings if in case the wiring was grounded or defective. Bumaba pa rin. Napansin namin na mas mataas ang idling ng strada kaysa sa montero. I have not checked with other monteros that have good voltage kung ano ang idling rpm nila. But when I asked the same service manager, sabi niya they plugged my montero to their computer and nothing wrong came out. Yung idling pala is automatically set by the car's ECU. Di siya pwede manually adjust. When I asked if they can connect the computer to the car and program it for a slightly higher rpm, sabi ng service manager the computer does not allow that option. Automatically set daw ang idling. And the montero's idling is within specifications. Sabi ko maski 50rpm increase lang, kasi when we stepped on the pedal ever so slightly, tumaas din ang voltage.

The service advisor suggested to clean the throttle body. I had my doubts and this was the same opinion by the service manager. Sabi ko, if the ECU is the one controlling, then any problems with the throttle, the ECU will compensate to make sure the target idling is achieved. So if we clean the throttle body, the ECU will compensate the idling again based on the current situation.

Napansin ko yung rpm needle touches on the line of the 600 rpm, it looks kinda low. When the a/c compressor switches on, the idling goes up to around 850. Compare this to the Strada, the idling is at 700-750 and with a/c on, the idling goes up to 900.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    *TS, any update pa sir?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast