New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Don't wash the engine ... Just don't ...
    Back in the day, I'd use plastic bags to wrap the alternator, engine coil and distributor then happily spray wash the engine bay of our cars.

Nowadays I wouldn't dare either with all these sensors & computer boxes in place.

Ever the OC though, when the engine's cool I just use a damp rag to wipe the surfaces, taking great care not to pull a wire or sensor somewhere.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i haven't had my engine cleaned since i got it in 2005.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    usually nag-reset yung time ng clock at yung radio settings. madali naman ibalik. if meron ka audio set-up at may mga settings sa headunit mo, maybe need na i-retune ng installer mo.

i do engine wash and detailing many times. wala naman naging problema.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    For the audio settings, just write down your eq, crossover and time correction settings on a small notebook and keep it in the glove compartment.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    wala bang small battery ang mga car radio, para hindi ma-erase yung settings?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Whenever I change my car battery, I will have use a jumper cable to connect the car to another battery so there will still be power to the car and not wipe out anything from the car's electronics.
    Signature

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Whenever I change my car battery, I will have use a jumper cable to connect the car to another battery so there will still be power to the car and not wipe out anything from the car's electronics.
    i wonder, would inserting a powerbank into the cigarette lighter plug work?
    of course, one has to keep the key on the ACC position.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    Wala, when my battery died, I had to retune everything. That's when I got the idea to write down the settings. Saves me a lot of time.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post

You can buy a memory saver ... some connect to cigarette lighter ... others use the OBD connector ...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    sometimes, my radio settings get erased when i start the engine.
    the electrical connections in the engine bay look ok enough. i haven't had the time, the inclination, nor the body habitus to check under the dash yet.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Don't wash the engine ... Just don't ...

*Stock
    How do you "relearn" after reinstalling the throttle body? ...
    key to "on" position, a system check will be done and you will hear the throttle body moving in and out. by removing the battery, the position values probably were erased.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Disconnecting the battery resets the settings in my car?