New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    well if that's an ecosport w/ the infamous dual-clutch tranny then you certainly don't want to disconnect the battery completely. for some stupid reason the tranny computer loses its firmware when you disconnect the battery and it'll have to be reflashed at the casa

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    Interested on this... do i need to buy software or any hardware for it to work? The connector is from obdII to where ? Tia!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ray_noel View Post
    Interested on this... do i need to buy software or any hardware for it to work? The connector is from obdII to where ? Tia!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is nothing but a connector between an alternate 12 vdc power source and the DLC3. Terminal 4 is chassis ground, terminal 5 is computer grou d and terminal 16 is +B straight to the BCM, PCM and other control modules.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    well if that's an ecosport w/ the infamous dual-clutch tranny then you certainly don't want to disconnect the battery completely. for some stupid reason the tranny computer loses its firmware when you disconnect the battery and it'll have to be reflashed at the casa
    If you have a Ford, you can get OBD Link MX from Amazon, load Forescan Lite from the internet to your smart phone and read and reset all the trouble codes yourself. Disconnecting the battery can shut off the low beams in some Fords especially Rangers, cause shift problems and shut off the automatic up and down on the driver's window.

If you have a Toyota it will reset all the programs to original settings. If you have a Camry that is speeding up by itself, disconnect the battery for at least 2 hours 2 times to fix the problem.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Disconnecting the battery resets the settings in my car?