New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Hello everyone!
    I have this car problem. Bigla na lang namamatay auto kapag full load. Naka-on aircon, ilaw, stereo. Nangyayari ito kapag nag-preno ako or shift lights from low to high beam. Iilaw muna battery warning light sa front panel then stop na makina. Parang di kaya additional load but when I re-start it, OK naman ulit.
    Sa tingin ko hindi battery or alternator. And another thing, napansin ko sobrang init ng negative pole ng battery ko pero hindi naman masyado maiinit battery. Ano po kaya problem nito. May car is Honda 95 model. Thanks in advance and God bless.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by erik081200 View Post
    Hello everyone!
    I have this car problem. Bigla na lang namamatay auto kapag full load. Naka-on aircon, ilaw, stereo. Nangyayari ito kapag nag-preno ako or shift lights from low to high beam. Iilaw muna battery warning light sa front panel then stop na makina. Parang di kaya additional load but when I re-start it, OK naman ulit.
    Sa tingin ko hindi battery or alternator. And another thing, napansin ko sobrang init ng negative pole ng battery ko pero hindi naman masyado maiinit battery. Ano po kaya problem nito. May car is Honda 95 model. Thanks in advance and God bless.

it just gave you the answer to your question. the battery terminal has high resistance under load. clean the corrosion and protect the now clean terminals with terminal sealant or vaseline to seal against oxygen

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    kapag umiilaw yung battery indicator means that yung alternator has some issues.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Normally kapag umiinit ang wire, either overloaded or loose ang terminal. But in your case, tingin ko wala ka namang additional heavy electrical load which will cause the abnormal temperature of wire. So its the terminal connection of the battery. Pero dapat hindi lang yung wire ang mainit, pati na rin yung terminal post. Kung hindi naman mainit yung terminal post, maybe you have a loose connection somewhere after the battery terminal.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by erik081200 View Post
    Hello everyone!

The hot terminal explains it all. There is excessive resistance at your battery terminal. At high electrical loads, the car would get the extra electricity from the battery. Since your car can't get enough power from the battery, it tried to get it directly from the alternator. Since there is not enough power to go around between the engine and the rest of your electrical loads, the engine dies.

Solution is to check if the terminal is still in good condition. If yes, just clean the contact areas and fasten it securely.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    GH, question lang on electronics...

main supply ba ng electronics ng oto is the battery or alternator? maganda pagkaexplain ng ikot ng eletric pero naguguluhan ako. kasi turo sakin after magstart, alternator na susupply ng electric. tama ba? or the other way around?

thanks

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by archie123456789 View Post
    GH, question lang on electronics...

main supply ba ng electronics ng oto is the battery or alternator? maganda pagkaexplain ng ikot ng eletric pero naguguluhan ako. kasi turo sakin after magstart, alternator na susupply ng electric. tama ba? or the other way around?

thanks

your battery does these following jobs:
    1-supplies electrical electricity to your loads when the engine is off
    2-supplies electricity to start the engine
    3-stores chemical energy readily convertible to electrical energy when circuits close
    4-supplies electricity to the field coil of the alternator to excite it(the alternator does not start charging until field excitation)
    5-acts as a "shock absorber" or voltage stabilizer for the electrical grid in the car
    6-augments the alternator when the electrical demand is high
    7-acts as a load to the alternator when the battery voltage is low
    the alternator does these:
    1-acts as a load to the battery when the field coil is in excitation
    2-supplies electricity to the loads when the battery capacity is insufficient
    3-charges the battery when the engine is running
    4-used as a belt tensioner or idler for other engine accessory
    5-in some diesel engine equipped vehicles, as a foundation for the alternator mounted vacuum pump for use with the brake booster

the alternator does not work without the battery

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^^ ayun! ive always thought that the only 2 jobs of the battery is to start and supply electricity when there is no/lack of it from the alternator.

thanks

9. Join Date
    May 2011
    Hello po mga Sirs,
    Follow up lang po sa question ni ferdie444, pareho kami ng situation at na check ko na ang terminal ng battery. I recently installed a car alarm. Possible po ba na dahil sa car alarm yung problema? Before the car alarm was installed, okay naman ang lahat.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    ^^ ano ba yung question ni ferdie444? anyways, kung ok yung car mo before the alarm installation, you can pressume na iyon na nga ang problem kyung bakit nag i stall ride mo... but i think its a very rare occassion kasi wala naman direct connection ang alarm sa engine except yung starter killer switch/relay..baka me nagalaw lang na mga wires when it was installed.

Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    it just gave you the answer to your question. the battery terminal has high resistance under load. clean the corrosion and protect the now clean terminals with terminal sealant or vaseline to seal against oxygen
    Quote Originally Posted by joey roo View Post
    Normally kapag umiinit ang wire, either overloaded or loose ang terminal. But in your case, tingin ko wala ka namang additional heavy electrical load which will cause the abnormal temperature of wire. So its the terminal connection of the battery. Pero dapat hindi lang yung wire ang mainit, pati na rin yung terminal post. Kung hindi naman mainit yung terminal post, maybe you have a loose connection somewhere after the battery terminal.
    follow these suggestions and you will never go wrong...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
car engine suddenly shuts at full electrical load