New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by terrajn View Post
    It was diagnosed as a failing alternator bearing. Mechanic quoted it at 5k for original front and rear plus labor. Thinking this may be too much.

Sent from my HUAWEI TIT-U02 using Tapatalk
    when my innova's alternator bearing failed, it didn't make a noise. but my battery died.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    It was diagnosed as a failing alternator bearing. Mechanic quoted it at 5k for original front and rear plus labor. Thinking this may be too much.

A surplus unit cost me the same with CR-V 98. You can opt for such unit or go with the bearings. I can take the risk for the compressor but not for the alternator.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2017

5k just for the bearings? That's highway robbery. Lol

You can opt for a surplus alternator around 4K. If brand new, Japan, 8k. China brand new, 5k. You might want to look around and canvass first.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by brushless View Post
    5k just for the bearings? That's highway robbery. Lol

You can opt for a surplus alternator around 4K. If brand new, Japan, 8k. China brand new, 5k. You might want to look around and canvass first.
    Indeed sir. It's all done, had the alternator replaced with a surplus instead, for almost the same price.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12