New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    My car's battery is turning 6 soon. I think I should buy one too.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by brushless View Post
    How much and where did you buy this? Thanks.
    D3 Technologies Makati. *d3techph

Sent from my ASUS_X00DDA using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I think its 3 years old., motolite gold sya. Called a motolite delivery kasi nga di kami maka alis ng parking lot. Pero bago dumating ang delivery eh nag start na yung kotse by trying to ignite it for 10 seconds or so.

Pag dating ng motolite he asked me to shut off the engine, he then tapped some gadget to the battery and asked us to start the engine, it started naman. I forgot what unit of measurement he said pero 10 na lang daw yung reading. Nag start daw yung engine kasi mainit pa. Pag cold start daw eh mahihirapan. Kailangan na palitan battery. We're going to the province and I don't wanna risk being stranded kaya binili ko na.

I don't know if I've been duped or not.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    I think its 3 years old., motolite gold sya. Called a motolite delivery kasi nga di kami maka alis ng parking lot. Pero bago dumating ang delivery eh nag start na yung kotse by trying to ignite it for 10 seconds or so.

Pag dating ng motolite he asked me to shut off the engine, he then tapped some gadget to the battery and asked us to start the engine, it started naman. I forgot what unit of measurement he said pero 10 na lang daw yung reading. Nag start daw yung engine kasi mainit pa. Pag cold start daw eh mahihirapan. Kailangan na palitan battery. We're going to the province and I don't wanna risk being stranded kaya binili ko na.

I don't know if I've been duped or not.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Mechanics usually say that sulit na kung maka-3 years ang battery. Super sulit din for peace of mind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i already mentioned this.
    my colleague replaces her battery every two years, no matter what.
    for her peace of mind.
    years ago, she had previous experience with that feeling of helplessness, when her battery died.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    Pag dating ng motolite he asked me to shut off the engine, he then tapped some gadget to the battery and asked us to start the engine, it started naman. I forgot what unit of measurement he said pero 10 na lang daw yung reading.
    I change mine every 2 years or 2 1/2. This is the time it shows signs of weakness like difficulty in starting. Not going to trouble myself and insists extending its life. It's just not worth it for me because I've experienced my car shutting off in the middle of the road near Serendra. Luckily, the construction guys helped me push my car to life.

If the mechanic says 10, he means 10 volts. Your battery is kaput already. But, I wonder, did he mean 10 volts when the engine is off or 10 volts when the engine is on? If 10 volts when the engine is on, then, you have a dead alternator. Get it tested to confirm. It should read about 13.5-14.5 volts. This tells you it's charging.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i already mentioned this.
    my colleague replaces her battery every two years, no matter what.
    for her peace of mind.
    years ago, she had previous experience with that feeling of helplessness, when her battery died.
    This should work until battery dies before 2 years .... happened to me twice .... both last year ... 2sm died on the 16th month ... 3sm died on the 19th ... 3sm stranded me in the middle of the road .... 2sm died at home .... two batteries, two different cars ... both motolite gold ... was able to claim warranty .... if that's any consolation ... nothing's foolproof .... peace of mind is relative.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    You can buy car voltmeter from olx, lazda, aliexpress ... 300-500 pesos ... buy the one in the picture ...
    I bought one. This is the reading for my 23 month Amaron on my Gen 11

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by _Cathy_; April 10th, 2018 at 08:09 PM.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Kanina while leaving nag start naman hiace ko no problem. Then biglang tumirik di pa ako nakaka layo. Then nag series ako at nag start pero naka ilaw battery light. Possible ba na battery lang problem neto? 2sm battery neto more than 2 years na. Thanks

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jaggerx3 View Post
    Kanina while leaving nag start naman hiace ko no problem. Then biglang tumirik di pa ako nakaka layo. Then nag series ako at nag start pero naka ilaw battery light. Possible ba na battery lang problem neto? 2sm battery neto more than 2 years na. Thanks

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk
    series? you don't series the battery! you parallel it. technicals technicals...

with the engine running, if that battery light is still on, it is probably your alternator or something else that is related to your charging system. it can even be just a loose connection.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast