New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    Yes, because we needed to measure lux intensity and room temperature all at the same time. The lux intensity x1 and x10 are inconsistent. Other than that, everything works fine.

EDIT: That multimeter is user friendly, the slots will lit up for you to know what socket you should use and will emit an audible sound should you put it on the other slot. Of course, this is not idiot proof.

yeah it's got everything btw this is the lux meter i use coz as is said i prefer separate devices. i like using the UNI-T in the middle coz it's so small. but the yellow one works just as well at just P150. even the calibration out of the box is pretty good

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    yeah it's got everything btw this is the lux meter i use coz as is said i prefer separate devices. i like using the UNI-T in the middle coz it's so small. but the yellow one works just as well at just P150. even the calibration out of the box is pretty good

Im also a Unit-T user.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelson de Leon View Post
    Im also a Unit-T user.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk
    Hey! It has been a while since I saw you here. I didn't​ buy a dedicated light meter since I won't have any use once we finish our project so I looked for a multimeter.

I was hoping that it will be useful in a car but it turns out that it isn't. Well, a multimeter is still useful should there be a need for it.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2018
    I bought my car Toyota Altis 2002 A/T last Mar 23, 2018 with the issue of automatic lock on the driver seat. So the day I bought this we go straight to the shop and ask to install security alarm (I forgot the brand) then after 2 days the battery got discharge. The battery got replaced immediately and after 5 days the issue came again. It's stupidity of me not to observe the car on the first week before we install the alarm. Going back, we go the other shop to look the problem he told me that my alternator is worn out and we decided to replace it as well but it didn't resolved there. Our car is drained after 2 days
    I did back to the mechanic he finds out it was grounded and remove the fuse connecting to the radio, clock, alarm and lights. So by that I am thinking maybe I got this to the shop where we install the alarm. We went to the shop and told the issue they turn off the alarm and back the fuse to observe. Then after a day or two the battery drain again. Its getting worst sheeez.
    What i did is to remove the fuse and it works for me because I was using it for the next 2-3 months sacrificing without alarm, radio, lights and clock inside.

Then, I decided to go to another shop. He told me that there is no problem with my electrical maybe just the battery size which is Motolite 1SMF. He will back the fuse and advise to warm the car everyday for at least 10 minutes which I did unfortunately the battery died.

Mga ka tsikot hope you could give some advise or determine what specifically that problem is?

Thanks,

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhoy24 View Post
    I bought my car Toyota Altis 2002 A/T last Mar 23, 2018 with the issue of automatic lock on the driver seat. So the day I bought this we go straight to the shop and ask to install security alarm (I forgot the brand) then after 2 days the battery got discharge. The battery got replaced immediately and after 5 days the issue came again. It's stupidity of me not to observe the car on the first week before we install the alarm. Going back, we go the other shop to look the problem he told me that my alternator is worn out and we decided to replace it as well but it didn't resolved there. Our car is drained after 2 days
    I did back to the mechanic he finds out it was grounded and remove the fuse connecting to the radio, clock, alarm and lights. So by that I am thinking maybe I got this to the shop where we install the alarm. We went to the shop and told the issue they turn off the alarm and back the fuse to observe. Then after a day or two the battery drain again. Its getting worst sheeez.
    What i did is to remove the fuse and it works for me because I was using it for the next 2-3 months sacrificing without alarm, radio, lights and clock inside.

Then, I decided to go to another shop. He told me that there is no problem with my electrical maybe just the battery size which is Motolite 1SMF. He will back the fuse and advise to warm the car everyday for at least 10 minutes which I did unfortunately the battery died.

Mga ka tsikot hope you could give some advise or determine what specifically that problem is?

Thanks,
    (Please refer to the hi-lighted sentence) i'd like to ask why did the mechanic just took out all the fuse where in fact he already determined that there was a grounded line? why didn't he fixed the grounded line instead?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    How do we know if the battery we buy is genuine brand new and not reconditioned. TIA

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rod2924 View Post
    How do we know if the battery we buy is genuine brand new and not reconditioned. TIA

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk
    It should come to you, factory-sealed, with no wear marks. Everything should be fresh (terminals, case, labels/stickers). Most importantly, it comes with valid warranty documents that matches the serial numbers on the battery itself.

It would also help tremendously if you buy it from a legit shop.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    yep authorized dealers only

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by box_type View Post
    (Please refer to the hi-lighted sentence) i'd like to ask why did the mechanic just took out all the fuse where in fact he already determined that there was a grounded line? why didn't he fixed the grounded line instead?
    He's expertise is not electrical but he know it's grounded. Only 1 fuse just took out connecting to the alarm, and etc.
    Sorry for being a newbie here.

What you may suggest po Sir?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    bring the car to a proper auto electrician, where it can be properly trouble-shot.
    personally, i find it difficult to drive around without in-car entertainment and lights.
    your cigarette lighter is probably also out.