New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    here is the breakdown pala nung 88k
    computer box repair and diagnostic 30k <--- presyong palit bago na iyan
    immobilizer 13500 <---- pwede tangalin nalang at palitan ng viper or clifford alarm with immobilizer
    labor 9k <------- okay din ha, mura ang labor, gumanti naman sa iba...
    aircon (surplus) 10k <---- brand new Denso 7 thousand, Halla 10 thousand
    panel gauge 15k
    hella horn 900
    air filter 450
    repair of electronics 5k <--- para saan ito? electronics na nga iyun computer box, panel gauge, etc.
    change oil 3x break fluid and
    transmission fluid 6k <---- mas mura pa sa dallas caltex, or any gasoline station...

grabe, over priced talaga nanamalantala iyun talyer na pinag-gagawan mo. saan iyan at ano pangalan ng talyer nila para maiwasan namin...

iyun repair of electronics kasama na dapat iyun computer box, panel gauge, immobilizer pwede tangalin, aircon compressor iyun denso brand new around 7 thousand lang, change oil, brake fluid and transmission fluid hindi naman aabot ng 6 thousand sa gasoline station. (diy ko lang nga iyun change oil and brake fluid) automatic transmission fluid replacement kay fronte dapat para sigurado malinis.

hingin mo mga pyesa ng mga pinagpalitan nila... inquire mo ibang shop huwag na doon...

pare obvious ginagatasan ka na nila...
    Last edited by chuaed; December 9th, 2009 at 03:33 AM.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    oo nga ang mahal kawawa naman ang fellow tsikoteer natin, hindi nya kasi alam eh. haist grabe tinaga sya ng husto...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    sir chuaed, and sir weszt, you both agree po na nataga ako? kasi wala dito husband ko and i know next to nothing about cars much less yung mga repairs and their prices
    he left my sisters' boyfriend in charge of it. i had this nagging thought na parang ang mahal na ata, im just not sure. i wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. but this changes everything. . thanks po sa info. hopefully wala na syang hingin at ginawa naman sana ng maayos yung oto. hindi ko na mababawi yung money.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Recently, We had a Montero 94 running with Mega Squirt...

This is the alternative local ECU replacement just to get your car running.

Wala na kasing makitang ECU for Montero anywhere, even in Banawe or the Casas.

It took about a week, since most of the electricals are affected by water corrosion.

Aside from the AC system, the vehicle runs well now, in fact - much faster and more economical than before.

Why?... simply because Mega Squirt is fully programable and can control every ignition and fuel distribution happening inside the engine at any rpm range - even up to 16,000rpm if you are into racing.

At any rate, the cost for this is only P25K. all in.

Except for the other repairs like alternator, starters, ac units and other electricals or electronics.

Pero, kung paaandaring lang at patatakbuhin ng matino ang ang usapan. Imega squirt niyo na lang. It will save you in a lot of trouble in the long run.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by toshi023 View Post
    sir chuaed, and sir weszt, you both agree po na nataga ako? kasi wala dito husband ko and i know next to nothing about cars much less yung mga repairs and their prices
    he left my sisters' boyfriend in charge of it. i had this nagging thought na parang ang mahal na ata, im just not sure. i wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. but this changes everything. . thanks po sa info. hopefully wala na syang hingin at ginawa naman sana ng maayos yung oto. hindi ko na mababawi yung money.
    sayang nga.... ganun nanga kasi kung ipapagawa mo sa iba siyempre magbabayd ka ulit...alam mo ako din napalitan na computer box at immobilizer ko inabot ng 25k yung dalawa at dapat tanggalin din nila dashboard nyan ako dun s apagtanggal lnag dashboard malalki labor din ... ok na na roadtest ko na optra ko kahapon kaso yun naman auxillary ko, pero sabi sa akin parewind ko na lang daw dyan sa may cubao at yung bearing din stuck up , so far yun na lang stereo ,,,, wala na pagasa , yung speedometer kung tawagin cluster wala sira din... at yung module para sa keyless entry di na din gumagana , mano mano na lang muna ang paglock na pinto , buti naman aircon ko ok naman at malamig pa din , pinalitan ko lang pollenfilter....if you need some advise... post mo na lang sayng sana di ka aabutin ng ganyan..kamahal....

6. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    *kitespi

almost the same din ang mga nasira sa optra ko. mano mano na lang din ang pag lock ng car.yung stereo saka lang ,pag nakabawi na ulit sa gastos. so far nagagamit nanamin yung sasakyan. medyo maingay nga lang yung makina. at sira yung break light. haay. i hope you have better luck than me. .

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    I thought for a while my optra is okay , after enjoying the joyride with my kids for an 1 hour, then i notice that its getting hard to shift the knob back to first gear(manual), still fortunate that we were able to go home and parked it in the garage, where he normally stays after the onddoy incidents...My kids were all happy , cause we thought no more taking a cab, trycycles an even jeep... too bad another problem arises.... my mechanic advise me to replace the pressure plate,clutch disk and release bearing... hay... another gastos... kasi after the flood, DTI recommended me this certain repair shop in pasig all daymachine shop and repair shop, since they told me that gagawin dito sa amin ... well nung dumating yung mechanic, he removed teh alternator and check my speedometerCluster and even my comp box, papachk daw niya, i gave him 5k for dp, kasi sabi naman niya kapag napaandar na lang daw saka babayaran...nga pala after the flood i immediately remove the battery and i never try or attempt to start the car, to make it short di rin nagawa nung recomended ng dti, umabot ng more than 1 month wala pa din although na detail nang bara bara charged me for 1500... until naaksidente yung mechanic ko,,, so dont know if karma yun... anyway i decided to change mechanic,, kasi meron naman talaga ako kilala sa chevy... kaya nga lang alam ko na mahal sila maninggil miski na nga sideline nila yun at sa labas nila gagawin ...well thanks na din dahil napaandar nila, after changing the comp box and immobilizer and they also clean my dashboard at binuo na nila ulit yung optra, kasi after detailing nawalan lahat ng laman kotse even the carpet everything, so they charged me 10k for that labor, since yung milleage ko is 50k na, they told me to replace the timing belt and drive belt...nakabili ako sa thunder through the help of this web...they charged me again 10k for that labor...so i thought ok na , then yung sa auxillary fan ko naman di umiikot at yung isang bearing naman maingay , so they refer me sa yoks, its along edsa cubao, for it to be rewind and replace the bearing(dun lahat dinadala , miski yung mga nabaha na cars na di pa nabebenta, specializing in alternator, starter and any electrical...)after that then i thought it will be the last,,,eto na naman sa clutch naman...
    guys i am a single mother and raising 3 kids hirap talaga....after ko ihatid yung mga bata sa school saka ako naghahanap at bumibili ng pyesa...cause we really want our car na maayos para namanthis xmas season makapunta kami sa reunion, too bad di pa rin... thanks guys dun sa mga nag advise...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kitespi View Post
    I thought for a while my optra is okay , after enjoying the joyride with my kids for an 1 hour, then i notice that its getting hard to shift the knob back to first gear(manual), still fortunate that we were able to go home and parked it in the garage, where he normally stays after the onddoy incidents...My kids were all happy , cause we thought no more taking a cab, trycycles an even jeep... too bad another problem arises.... my mechanic advise me to replace the pressure plate,clutch disk and release bearing...
    Too bad that there is only one shop in the Philippines who specializes on using NewOil as a tool to fix most/ majority of car problems. For example bearings.... water can really cause a lot of damage to any car... since you car was not serviced the right way after the flood, it definitely will be inviting more problems.

Rule of thumb, to remove, replace and repack, all parts that were or have been subjected or contaminated by flood waters.

Your engine as well as your drive train is not spared as well as every electrical COMPONENTS such as starter, alternator, switches, relays and fuse links. If they will be fixed, then you need to deal with electrical terminal contact and wiring corrosion which can cause loose connections, arcing and eventually operations failure. The Car Repair Shop in Cebu use this oil to cure most of these problems without changing components to a new one (ECU not included)/ With regards to your timing belt, I think thats too high a cost to change it... Timing Belts are probably only P700.00 up to P1,500 each, Labor is basically computed per manhours in this case - it would only be around 8 hours the most. I could be wrong.

At any rate, after hearing your story, I feel you might consider a Cut-Loss situation. Sell your unreliable and problematic car at a lower price and buy a better one - it doesn't have to be new - but it has to be reliable since you will be driving around it with your kids. A Cherry Sedan will be a practical alternative - they have normal sedans also... just treat it with NewOil while it's still new, engine, and all the other components to make it virtually - water resistant... literally making your electrical system as well as your engine internals impermeable to water moisture which can cause majority of the problems. Then you have a low cost - but extremely reliable car.

Lighter side - a bit OT but somewhat relevant and perhaps we can relate to...

It's about Why Men shouldn't be giving advices... :-)

Cheers.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
help please!! [Flooded Optra]