New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Hi everyone...attn to Toshi:

I just want to share that both of our cars, including the Chevy Optra, are in running condition now!!! "Running" because it still needs work in the inside and the locks and windows are still a bit grounded. But according to Archie, the very good mechanic I found here, it'll get fixed as soon as the dashboard is removed and the wirings are cleaned and dried. I'm just so happy that I didn't have to spend so much money bec I really can't afford the casa fees!

Just sharing the blessing of finding and knowing Archie! Found it through a post of MrQuery (page 12) and via this link:

http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/vi...tronic+tune+up
    or
    http://sulit.com.ph/1602593

He's young but very good at his job...and seems like an honest and good person too (not 'taga')!

He specializes in new model cars- his recent flood-damaged car clients are 2006 and up...but he also knows old school cars hehe (also fixed our 94 Esi).

Good luck, and I hope you are as blessed as me, no damages to the ECU, aircon, power controls, lights, battery, etc.

God bless!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    daive musta na chevy optra mo , kasi yung sa akin din binaha din naka park sa garage ko inabot din hanggnag bintana, eh up to now di pa rin naayos ngmekaniko... ksi di ba may remote yung susi natin natanggal yung pinaka remote or sensor sao everytime na start nila just the key lang is it posiible na yung ang problema

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Hi,

Kung gusto mo makatipid, have everything washed and dried up... you have no choice but to remove everything inside out.

Drain the fluids etc.

If everything - electrically is sound and good and functioning (by doing direct electrical tests...)

Then the next step is electronics.

If you dont have the budget for a new ECU...

You can try Mega Squirting it. for more info about that... go here. http://pinoymegasquirt.blogspot.com

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ehnriko View Post
    Hi,

Kung gusto mo makatipid, have everything washed and dried up... you have no choice but to remove everything inside out.

Drain the fluids etc.

If everything - electrically is sound and good and functioning (by doing direct electrical tests...)

Then the next step is electronics.

If you dont have the budget for a new ECU...

You can try Mega Squirting it. for more info about that... go here. http://pinoymegasquirt.blogspot.com
    thanks for the info... how much would this cost? can this replace the common modules(ECM, TCM, BCM) installed in an A/T Optra Sedan? thanks...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by johntel316 View Post
    thanks for the info... how much would this cost? can this replace the common modules(ECM, TCM, BCM) installed in an A/T Optra Sedan? thanks...
    It will cost you relatively less than getting a new original OEM replacement - even with labor included. First of all, the connectors that will replace the original OBD sockets are far cheaper. Please visit the blogsite for more details.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    hi everyone. my optra is now running pero umabot ng 88850 ang total cost. sa labas ko lang pinagawa. walang stereo yun just the parts needed to have the car running.pero there are still some problems. ang hina humatak. ganun po ba talaga yun after nabaha. hindi na ba sya babalik sa dati nyang takbo.is this a fair price. yung cost ng computer box ko ay 30k hindi po yun bago ni repair lang.aircon is 10k surplus.was i duped. i really dont know. help please

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Ang laki ng ginastos mo para lang mapaandar ang makina mo . Kung ako sa iyo ibalik mo doon sa pinagpagawan mo at sabihin mo iyong problema ng sasakyan na mahina humatak dahil sila lang gumawa niyan alam nila kung ano ang inayos sa makina mo .Siguro naman aayusin ng pinagpagawaan mo iyan para ma satisfy ka sa takbo ng sasakyan mo. Goodluck

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    ang laki nga sobra ng singil sa iyo, ask mo papano nila na-compute iyun total amount na iyan, ask mo din iyun break-down ng parts replaced and labor para malaman kung justified iyun presyo kung mabasa mo sa ibang thread na katulad mo na binaha rin hindi ganyan inabot na halaga sa pag kumpuni ng kanilang sasakyan... sana hindi mo pa sila binayaran ng buo dahil sigurado may back job sila gagawin dahil kung nabayaran mo na wala na TY na iyan hindi na sila magpapakita sa iyo unless babayaran mo sila ulit...

btw. pano nila nirepair iyun computer box? may parts ba sila pinalitan doon? usually gagawin lang nila bubuksan lang iyun computer box, tapos bubugahan ng WD-40 at contact cleaner. (ganyan nakita ko ginagawa ng talyer na nagaayos ng mga nabaha na sasakyan)

pag umandar na sasakyan mo kailangan dalhin mo sa gasoline station, palitan ang gear oil, lagyan ng grasa iyun mga ball joint, idler arm, etc. kung mayroon mapaglalagyan, tapos pag automatic transmission iyun optra mo kailangan dalhin mo sa banawe, kay Fronte at ipa dialysis mo iyun doon para mapalitan ng sariwang ATF.

eto price nila with regards to detailing kay BigBert
    http://www.bigberts.com/prices.htm
    Last edited by chuaed; December 8th, 2009 at 05:06 AM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    it gets worse po. i drove the car for a week pero sobrang hina talaga nya so binalik ko sa kanila. now theyre asking me for an aditional 12k kc yung ginawang computer box ng transmission nasira na ng tuluyan so we have to replace it na daw. yung unang 10k na binayad ko for that particular computer box dadagdagan ko na lang daw ng twelve para mapalitan ng bago. well not actually brand new daw gamit na rin pero ok naman daw. im beggining to feel depressed about this...

here is the breakdown pala nung 88k
    computer box repair and diagnostic 30k
    immobilizer 13500
    labor 9k
    aircon (surplus) 10k
    panel gauge 15k
    hella horn 900
    air filter 450
    repair of electronics 5k
    change oil 3x break fluid and
    transmission fluid 6k

10. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by chuaed View Post
    ang laki nga sobra ng singil sa iyo, ask mo papano nila na-compute iyun total amount na iyan, ask mo din iyun break-down ng parts replaced and labor para malaman kung justified iyun presyo kung mabasa mo sa ibang thread na katulad mo na binaha rin hindi ganyan inabot na halaga sa pag kumpuni ng kanilang sasakyan... sana hindi mo pa sila binayaran ng buo dahil sigurado may back job sila gagawin dahil kung nabayaran mo na wala na TY na iyan hindi na sila magpapakita sa iyo unless babayaran mo sila ulit...

btw. pano nila nirepair iyun computer box? may parts ba sila pinalitan doon? usually gagawin lang nila bubuksan lang iyun computer box, tapos bubugahan ng WD-40 at contact cleaner. (ganyan nakita ko ginagawa ng talyer na nagaayos ng mga nabaha na sasakyan)

pag umandar na sasakyan mo kailangan dalhin mo sa gasoline station, palitan ang gear oil, lagyan ng grasa iyun mga ball joint, idler arm, etc. kung mayroon mapaglalagyan, tapos pag automatic transmission iyun optra mo kailangan dalhin mo sa banawe, kay Fronte at ipa dialysis mo iyun doon para mapalitan ng sariwang ATF.

eto price nila with regards to detailing kay BigBert
    http://www.bigberts.com/prices.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by daive View Post
    Hi everyone...attn to Toshi:

I just want to share that both of our cars, including the Chevy Optra, are in running condition now!!! "Running" because it still needs work in the inside and the locks and windows are still a bit grounded. But according to Archie, the very good mechanic I found here, it'll get fixed as soon as the dashboard is removed and the wirings are cleaned and dried. I'm just so happy that I didn't have to spend so much money bec I really can't afford the casa fees!

Just sharing the blessing of finding and knowing Archie! Found it through a post of MrQuery (page 12) and via this link:

http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/vi...tronic+tune+up
    or
    http://sulit.com.ph/1602593

He's young but very good at his job...and seems like an honest and good person too (not 'taga')!

He specializes in new model cars- his recent flood-damaged car clients are 2006 and up...but he also knows old school cars hehe (also fixed our 94 Esi).

Good luck, and I hope you are as blessed as me, no damages to the ECU, aircon, power controls, lights, battery, etc.

God bless!

sir daive kamusta na oto mo ok na ba? im thinking of calling this archie guy na sinasabi mo i chekced out his add kc. tnx

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
help please!! [Flooded Optra]