New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 17 of 442 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 4415
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,358
    #161
    They want to challenge the dominance of the Montero Sport and the Fortuner, that's why.

  2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4,447
    #162
    ^ medyo unusual lang na competitive pricing si chevy this time

  3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    43
    #163
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    ^ medyo unusual lang na competitive pricing si chevy this time
    not really considering they're targeting the pickup suv market of the tfort and monty as well as the everest.
    besides they are shifting the captiva to the medium cuv market of the santa fes and sorentos, rav4 and crv as well so the captiva is going to get a higher price tag than the trailblazer.

    what i'd like to know is if chevy's aftermarket support and parts already improved. i like what i see on the spec sheet of the trailblazer but scared of the chevy brand due to poor parts availability, build quality, durability of their sea built cars.

  4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,358
    #164
    Quote Originally Posted by truckster View Post
    not really considering they're targeting the pickup suv market of the tfort and monty as well as the everest.
    besides they are shifting the captiva to the medium cuv market of the santa fes and sorentos, rav4 and crv as well so the captiva is going to get a higher price tag than the trailblazer.

    what i'd like to know is if chevy's aftermarket support and parts already improved. i like what i see on the spec sheet of the trailblazer but scared of the chevy brand due to poor parts availability, build quality, durability of their ASEAN built cars.
    This might answer your query:
    2012 J.D. Power and Associates Vehicle After Sales Survey in the Philippines

    And also, I would like to say that when I was in Bangkok last summer, I saw a lot of old and new Captivas on the road, which is a sign of confidence that ASEAN built Chevrolets are also good in terms of durability and build quality

  5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    43
    #165
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    This might answer your query:
    2012 J.D. Power and Associates Vehicle After Sales Survey in the Philippines

    And also, I would like to say that when I was in Bangkok last summer, I saw a lot of old and new Captivas on the road, which is a sign of confidence that ASEAN built Chevrolets are also good in terms of durability and build quality
    cmon man, been there read that
    doesnt say much about build quality and aftermarket parts support.

    it just says chevy service centers do better service, have more likeable and better looking personnel, cleaner bays, more delicous coffee and other stuff.

    what im concerned with is build quality, parts availability, you know, the common ownership concerns and cost of ownership.

    i remember the optra, that car caused countless suffering

    and i remember the captiva as a sluggish and cramped drive and squeaks like a mouse too on the inside.

  6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,388
    #166
    Oh my ... naguguluhan na ako. Mukhang the trailblazer tag price will really be up there.

    Rico Soriano of kotse.com reports that the 2012 Facelifted Captiva is being brought in by TCCCI. What's bothering me is how they priced the Captiva and how this will reflect in the pricing for the Trailblazer tsk tsk

    Chevrolet makes the new Captiva more captivating for 2012
    ...Available colors are Pearl White, Olympic White, Switchblade Silver, Thunder Gray, Carbon Flash Black, Poseidon Blue, and Moulin Rouge Red. Prices start at P1,568,888 for the 4x2 LS gas and tops out at P1,868,888 for the fully equipped top-of-the-line 4x4 LT diesel...

  7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,358
    #167
    Don't worry albert_b, I saw the prices of the Captiva and the Trailblazer in Thailand. The Captiva is more than a million Baht more expensive than the Trailblazer, so we are going to expect the prices of the Trailblazer to be lower than the Captiva.

  8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,388
    #168
    In that case we're looking at a top spec priced at about 1.5m, I suppose? TCCCI wouldn't be crazy enough to create a big price overlap, or would they?

  9. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    766
    #169
    Quote Originally Posted by albert_b View Post
    In that case we're looking at a top spec priced at about 1.5m, I suppose? TCCCI wouldn't be crazy enough to create a big price overlap, or would they?
    Definitely it wont be priced lower than the colorado. So it might be more expensive than the captiva here in PH.

    Edit-ang mahal din pala ng captiva.haha. probably around same price ng captiva for the 4x2.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by ratchet23; September 11th, 2012 at 07:15 PM.

  10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,388
    #170
    So for the same amount of money, I could either spend it on a Captiva or a Trailblazer? Tsk tsk.
    What would you get?

2012 Chevrolet Trailblazer