New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    I'm confirming the FC numbers now. I actually started out using Blaze pero it just seemed to like it so much I went through a full tank in less than a week but its also because I took a weekend trip to Tagaytay and had to deal with ridiculous traffic on the way back through the Dasma route. I just filled the tank up again this time with XCS and set the trip meter to zero from the gas station. Now I'm waiting to get to 1/4 tank to fill the tank up again and take the number of liters it took to get to full and divide the trip meter reading by that.

Also confirming the air vents on the second row at the back of the center console, and there are vents also under the front seats but would only be useful if the air circulation is directed to both top and bottom vents. I usually just set it to the top.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu View Post
    I'm confirming the FC numbers now. I actually started out using Blaze pero it just seemed to like it so much I went through a full tank in less than a week but its also because I took a weekend trip to Tagaytay and had to deal with ridiculous traffic on the way back through the Dasma route. I just filled the tank up again this time with XCS and set the trip meter to zero from the gas station. Now I'm waiting to get to 1/4 tank to fill the tank up again and take the number of liters it took to get to full and divide the trip meter reading by that.

Also confirming the air vents on the second row at the back of the center console, and there are vents also under the front seats but would only be useful if the air circulation is directed to both top and bottom vents. I usually just set it to the top.

Thanks bro. Kindly update us on the FC using XCS on your next full tank.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by pop3corn View Post
    this car is looker. i've seen up close sa mall parking lot. it looks like an extended Kia Soul (due to boxy look). i went to chevy dealer and got a brochure.

however, i'm not convinced that it's 8/9km per liter as the sales agent told me. this is still a very big car at 1.8L engine, probably the same FC as old 1.8 Revo siguro around 5km/liter.

given that this is a chevy car, I'm convinced that parts of this car will be very expensive.

maganda siya pero in terms of FC (gasoline), parts and overall design, milking cow ito hehe. pass.
    I'm also seriously considering buying an Orlando. In fact I have already test driven one from the Shaw Blvd Chev dealer. Definitely this car looks great inside and out. The ride was quite good. I've intentionally driven it on bumpy roads and the suspension was quite good. The price at 1,188,888 is very enticing for the loads of features that comes with it. The interior and front panels are in the high-end quality. If I am not mistaken, there are also multiple air bags, plus traction control, so the safety features of this for me is high.

The 3rd row seat however is a bit cramped specially if I compare it with Innova or even Avanza (sagad na yung seat sa likod). But because the 2nd and 3rd row are foldable, it will give you a lot of space if they will not be fully occupied.

I have read and heard of some negative feedback regarding the poor "intelligence" of the transmission. Apparently the Cruze has a bad reputation and some say that Orlando inherited this. I cannot personally confirm this. I am no expert in qualifying the quality or performance of the auto-transmission but I would like to think that since that the "manual" mode of the A/T transmission will allow the driver to have more control, hence it should be able compensate during difficult terrain.

The only thing that is holding me back now are 3 things:

1. How true is it that parts of Chevy are not readily available (non-casa or casa)? If I need to source it from non-casa dealers, are there parts available?

2. Are the parts really very expensive?

3. Is the fuel consumption really bad or not? How much really is the FC?

On point #3, if in most cases I will NOT be using this on its full capacity of 7 pax will the FC still be not good? I say this because I have 4 young kids. So most of the time I will just be using this going to work with my wife. On weekends, then that's the time that I will be using it on full load with my small kids and nannies.

Is this going to be wise investment or not? Appreciate any inputs on the points above.

Cheers!

4. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu View Post

Hi Amaterasu. I'm eager to know your FC experience. Kindly mention also if you used on full seating capacity or not.

Thanks
    Sprongky

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    I have also test driven the Orlando and was impressed with the ride and features of the car.

I am also looking for a 7 seater in the 1m - 1.2m price range which was why I considered the Orlando.

New vehicles generally dont need parts replacement unless there is a defect during the warranty period. So this is probably not an issue. Regular maintenance interval should only be your expense.

I dont know how expensive Chevy maintenance is but it should be comparable to other brands of the same class. From my experience, Toyota maintenance is cheaper than Honda.

Fuel consumption varies in different conditions. With a 1.8ltr engine, expect a range anywhere from 7 - 9km per ltr in Manila. In other countries, Orlando can probably do better mileage just like other brands.

In the end, car buying is a personal decision where there is no wrong or right decision. What is important is you have compared, tested and analysed all other brands before making the decision.

Goodluck!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Hey Guys, so I've just fueled up again and my FC results for city driving are 7km per liter. This was after going 288.9 km and refueling back to full tank to the tune of 40.99 liters from 1/4 tank. Definitely not the claim of the dealer at 8-9kms. I'll continue to monitor across multiple tanks to get a better average.

Typically I'm only driving by myself to and from the office at 40 kms per day and on the weekends my wife and son is with me. There have been a couple of occasions that I seated 8 including myself and I didn't notice any significant degredation on responsiveness.

I'm taking a trip to Bulacan over the weekend and to Caliraya the weekend after that so I'm curious to see if my FC will improve on those out of town trips. I'll keep you guys posted.

Maintenance wise if I remember correctly I think my agent said I would be spending around 5k for the first checkup at 10k. I don't know if thats high or low because this is the first time I owned a brand new car but I like that the first maintenance is already at 10k which will take around 10 months for me to reach with my mileage consumption.

*spronky I can't speak to your questions about the parts since its too early. Hopefully the FC figures I've provided don't discourage you, despite this the Orlando is a joy to drive and I'm actually trying to look at what I can improve to personalize the car (18' rims, leather seat covers, etc...) I don't think I would have been this enthusiastic if I had gotten a Livina or a Carens. I've also considered the sportage before this car but personally I think the Orlando looks better and feature for feature it still comes out ahead.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Guys,

I just want to share my experience with my new Orlando. I got it last Feb 20 and so far I am loving it. I went driving last weekend to subic to get a feel of its FC. I got an almost 12km per liter (8.5l/100km) from tollgate to tollgate. I usually drive it around Angeles City and I am getting 8km/l max. So far, It's a great experience driving it and comfort is a good trade off if you are not satisfied with its FC. Ang galing ng cruise control niya very relaxing of course with its very helpful armrest on the driver side. What I also like is that its lighting are all automatic, when it is set in an automode, it will turn them on and off depending on the need.

Thought I'd share this info.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by bulubuk1976 View Post
    Guys,

I just want to share my experience with my new Orlando. I got it last Feb 20 and so far I am loving it. I went driving last weekend to subic to get a feel of its FC. I got an almost 12km per liter (8.5l/100km) from tollgate to tollgate. I usually drive it around Angeles City and I am getting 8km/l max. So far, It's a great experience driving it and comfort is a good trade off if you are not satisfied with its FC. Ang galing ng cruise control niya very relaxing of course with its very helpful armrest on the driver side. What I also like is that its lighting are all automatic, when it is set in an automode, it will turn them on and off depending on the need.

Loaded ba ung Orlando mo when you drive at NLEX?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    With my wife and 3kids

10. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bulubuk1976 View Post
    Guys,

You're right about the cruise control, first time I tried it this weekend and true enough it was just lazy driving from there. I like how you can still accelerate or deccelerate from the steering wheel albeit at a much slower pace but really takes a load off your foot.

I also want to mention some of the extra features of the Orlando like the built in USB port inside the hidden compartment covering the radio fascia. If you use an ipod/iphone or a zune you can play the music files on the device through the radio controls. The climate control is also nice especially when the car has been left out in the sun, it will turn the fan up high as soon as its started and will lower the fan speed after the car has cooled down. Usually though when I'm just alone I do it manually since I turn off the other vents so I only need the minimum fan speed to get cool.

2012 Chevrolet Orlando