New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu View Post
    #spiff - actually my initial 10k PMS was done yesterday. My total expenses amounted to 6094.40, 4k of which was for LiquiMoly Synthetic Oil and then I got a discount on labor from using a coupon they gave me last time I visited the dealer. Compared to other brands I would say having the first PMS only at 10k would be one difference.

#randyps - I had the same concern, the filter vendor said it would not void it since nothing was tampered with the aircon. I don't disagree but to be safe if I would run into a problem with the AC I'll swap the filter with the one I just replaced after I've cleaned it. The casa I think doesn't open up the cabin filter unless they feel the AC fan strength isn't performing as it should or if they smell something foul.
    sir as per Chevy, PMS schedule would be every 10t KMS. so sa first 10tkms, change oil and filters lang sir or pati spark plugs? is the chevy casa strict on the oil to use na dapat fully synthetic? what are the choices of oil? Required ba sir na liquimoly dapat? do they allow the owners to bring their own FS engine Oil? i'm seriously looking to get this and worried about the PMS of chevy casa.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    hi orlando owners,

looking forward to hearing more updates/learnings from your new ride. hopefully you can share more new information as i am seriously considering buying this one.

i have been checking with chevy and looks like there is really no plan to bring in the diesel variant of orlando. reason provided was they have the new captiva to serve that market (same reason why they there is no 4x2 A/T variant for the trailblazer).

the HU upgrade for orlando is also now available at a tag price of P56k+. it comes with dvd, gps, rearview cam. forgot to ask if it includes the tire pressure monitor as well. i wanted to see the actual unit but they dont stock it -comes on a per order basis. but from their description, the current flip up audio system and the small display monitor above it will be removed and replaced by this new HU unit. the usb and ipod connectors will be placed inside the glove box similar to the cruze. headrest monitors may also be added for P17k a pair. warranty for the upgrades is 1 year.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix9127 View Post
    hi orlando owners,

looking forward to hearing more updates/learnings from your new ride. hopefully you can share more new information as i am seriously considering buying this one.

i have been checking with chevy and looks like there is really no plan to bring in the diesel variant of orlando. reason provided was they have the new captiva to serve that market (same reason why they there is no 4x2 A/T variant for the trailblazer).

the HU upgrade for orlando is also now available at a tag price of P56k+. it comes with dvd, gps, rearview cam. forgot to ask if it includes the tire pressure monitor as well. i wanted to see the actual unit but they dont stock it -comes on a per order basis. but from their description, the current flip up audio system and the small display monitor above it will be removed and replaced by this new HU unit. the usb and ipod connectors will be placed inside the glove box similar to the cruze. headrest monitors may also be added for P17k a pair. warranty for the upgrades is 1 year.
    Humingi na lng kyo ng MT version na gas neto

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    May nakita ako sa Sulit 2 Orlando units for sale which are only a few months old. Is this unit not worth owning (high maintenance)?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by HondaWay View Post
    May nakita ako sa Sulit 2 Orlando units for sale which are only a few months old. Is this unit not worth owning (high maintenance)?
    sir those two units have been in the market for sometime now with no takers up to know. i was really interested with those units but due to lack of feedback from owners (or the lack of owners on this forum) plus the better alternatives in the market, i decided to pass on the Orlando. Plus the fact that chevy owners spend more for PMS costs (though 10k kms interval ang PMS). still, i believe that the Orlando is a good MPV.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Guys, we have an Orlando and to tell you the truth, I have only seen 3 Orlando owners here in Pangasinan. Only if those people know Tsikot then they would have also given their opinions and comments about the car. I am very proud that we own such ride, I know it may not be as practical as most of you would think because it is gas not diesel. However, performance wise, the Orlando is not bad knowing that it has 6 Speed AT tiptronic. Fuel efficiency wise, the Orlando can hit 7-8kms/L with city driving, 10-12 kms/L highway driving, this is based on my own experience.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by kingperot24 View Post
    Guys, we have an Orlando and to tell you the truth, I have only seen 3 Orlando owners here in Pangasinan. Only if those people know Tsikot then they would have also given their opinions and comments about the car. I am very proud that we own such ride, I know it may not be as practical as most of you would think because it is gas not diesel. However, performance wise, the Orlando is not bad knowing that it has 6 Speed AT tiptronic. Fuel efficiency wise, the Orlando can hit 7-8kms/L with city driving, 10-12 kms/L highway driving, this is based on my own experience.

thanks kingperot24 for sharing. what's your mileage to date? if you've reached 10k, can you share your 1st PMS experience? thanks!

8. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    thanks kingperot24 for sharing. what's your mileage to date? if you've reached 10k, can you share your 1st PMS experience? thanks!
    You would not believe me Sir, but our mileage so far has 30tkm on it. Para na ngang taxi e. hehe. This is because we use it everyday, my father drives it to Manila for like once a month. So far the first PMS experience was not bad according to my father(hindi kasi ako nakasama nun) They did change the filter of the air-con that time, and of course they also did some change oil.. I think he only spent somewhere around, 6-7k.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Wow! you guys must really love this ride. nasa 3rd PMS na pala kayo. how much was the PMS expense for the 20k and 30k? had any problems so far? i have also read a review that the top optimal speed is 100kph after which hirap na daw, more so pag fully loaded. is this true from your experience? i assume laging nasa nlex yung ride niyo. thanks!

10. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Wow! you guys must really love this ride. nasa 3rd PMS na pala kayo. how much was the PMS expense for the 20k and 30k? had any problems so far? i have also read a review that the top optimal speed is 100kph after which hirap na daw, more so pag fully loaded. is this true from your experience? i assume laging nasa nlex yung ride niyo. thanks!
    haha. yes yes. I'm not so sure though, pero nakita ko yung receipt minsan, same din sa first PMS, di nag kakalayo. Regarding sa top optimal speed sir, 100kph hirap? I'm not biased, but my father once drove it sa SCTEX may nakahabulan siyang Montero, 180kph na takbo niya head to head lang sila nung Monty, the pedal was not yet pushed through its limits so it means 200kph will be attainable during that time. I am not bashing any Montero owners here, baka kasi may mga magalit e. hehe. The Orlando can top 160-180kph na walang hirap kahit 2-3 people including driver.. I even drove it once dito sa highway namen sir, 140kph although dangerous I was able to attain it without any problem. We were 5 that time, including me of course as the driver. Marami kasing mag iisip na very underpowered yung 1.8L, but remember, it's GAS. May diesel rin naman kame and sometimes I prefer driving it but the thing is di rin naman sila nagkakalayo sa fuel efficiency e, 3.0L turbo diesel pa yun.

2012 Chevrolet Orlando