New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by yourman_2nd View Post
    thank you for your informative reply sir specailly about your FC. But how is the 1.8 li engine coping with the heavy body plus if you load it with 7 passengers? how is the performance in the NLEX?SCTEX?SLEX? i really like the high tech equipments of the orlando but my big concern really is the engine and the PMS costs for chevy. we had an optra before and were not happy with chevy after sales service during that time. maybe they have vastly improved now being tops in the customer service survey. that's a plus.

i agree with you about hyundai cars. i just recently bought a 2nd hand santa fe with now 30t kms on the odometer. i bought this car for its engine and 7 seater capacity. plus the good information i gathered from the santa fe owners who are very much active in the club and here at tsikot. but i am due for its first pms and already having headaches with the cost of the pms and their famous tag line "THE WARRANTY WILL BE VOID IF YOU DONT PURCHASE THE PARTS FROM US". Oh well, that comes with the 5 year warranty they are boasting about.

i hope i can have the opportunity to test drive the orlando and the owners, though not many, can actively share their experiences with their orlando, be it good or bad for the benefit of potential buyers. this MPV/CUV truly deserves a second look.
    Sir regarding on the performance on express ways, Orlando does the job very well. The Orlando can speed up when needed.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Hi guys, update ko lang in terms of what you can do to save on maintenance costs. I recently got my washable cabin filter that was custom made for the Orlando from torque filtration. Cost is 1600php already much lower than the OEM cabin filter which I believe was 1800php. You can wash and reuse as much as 5x so think about the savings having to replace every 5k. I also changed my air filter to the one from Hurricane filters made of stainless steel and this one is advertised as a lifetime replacement. Cost was around 3300php. Its a significant expense upffont but will pay dividends in the long run.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu View Post
    Hi guys, update ko lang in terms of what you can do to save on maintenance costs. I recently got my washable cabin filter that was custom made for the Orlando from torque filtration. Cost is 1600php already much lower than the OEM cabin filter which I believe was 1800php. You can wash and reuse as much as 5x so think about the savings having to replace every 5k. I also changed my air filter to the one from Hurricane filters made of stainless steel and this one is advertised as a lifetime replacement. Cost was around 3300php. Its a significant expense upffont but will pay dividends in the long run.
    Do you have pics of the Torque filter? Saw this kind of filter before and they match other cars easily because most cabin filters are squarish without the rubber edges or strips around the filters frame like those of Chevy's. Did they utilized your old filter frame? Pa post naman pics.
    We get different reviews for use though for the Hurricane filters. Hope this filters our kind of air very well.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu View Post
    Bro pa pm naman kung saan ka bumili ng Hurricane Air Filter.

thanks

5. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    #raquino, I don't have pics of the torque filter since I swapped it in once I got home. the OEM filter it replaced was already quite dirty and was already hampering the fan strength of the AC. Once I swapped it the air flow was back to when it was brand new if not better. They got the measurements right because I gave them my first filter that I replaced at 5k. Go to their website and the samples you'll see there are what the filter looks like.

#comecum, you can buy the Hurricane Air filter from their main office at 2D GNL Building 199 J. Abad Santos St., Little Baguio, San Juan. From Wilson st. take a right at Gloria Maris. It shoud be on the left just before the next left corner. Performance wise the filter did not have any difference from the OEM filter. The vendor said you would notice a difference at the higher band but I haven't had too a chance to try it out just driving around Manila since I replaced it. Its a direct match with the filter used for the Chevy Cruze so they didn't need to make a custom one for the Orlando.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    For those who got their Orlando during the first half of 2012 and who already brought their cars in for servicing, how much is the initial service cost? How does Chevrolet PMS compare to other car brands? Any problems with the car aside from the cabin filter?

7. Join Date
    May 2012
    Di ba mavo void warranty sa aircon?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    #spiff - actually my initial 10k PMS was done yesterday. My total expenses amounted to 6094.40, 4k of which was for LiquiMoly Synthetic Oil and then I got a discount on labor from using a coupon they gave me last time I visited the dealer. Compared to other brands I would say having the first PMS only at 10k would be one difference.

#randyps - I had the same concern, the filter vendor said it would not void it since nothing was tampered with the aircon. I don't disagree but to be safe if I would run into a problem with the AC I'll swap the filter with the one I just replaced after I've cleaned it. The casa I think doesn't open up the cabin filter unless they feel the AC fan strength isn't performing as it should or if they smell something foul.

9. Join Date
    May 2012
    I think hindi nga mavovoid pero kailangan ko parIn bumili ng filter sa casa to keep the warranty. Meaning madodoble parin he he. Keep nalang siguro ung oem. Pero nice invention sir. Ung sa honda ko di ko pa na try basain vaccum pero ung sa altis ko nahuhugasan ko rIn ung filter na pinakabit ko sa denso.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    *Amaterasu Thanks for the feedback. The Orlando is my second choice just in case the Trailblazer is too expensive when released locally. I'm just wary of Chevrolet's service since I've only owned Toyota and Honda vehicles and I've had no problems with after-sales service.

2012 Chevrolet Orlando